Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help - BBQ boneless chicken breast recipe

Options
MountainGriller
MountainGriller Posts: 300
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anybody have a good BBQ chicken breast reicpe. Also, do I cook the chicken direct and at what dome temp do you recommend
Thanks

Comments

• Geo
    Geo Posts: 53
    Options
    Try this recipe. It is easy and always works for moist tender cjicken.

http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs005/1101793297533/archive/1101801837599.html
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Last night we did these:

Boneless chicken breasts lightly pounded, then put bbq sauce on inside of chicken with pepper jack and or mozzarella cheese. Folded over and sprinkled swamp venom on the outside. Then wrapped in bacon and secured with toothpicks.

I cooked them indirect at 375 for about 30 minutes until the breast were 160 internal. Right before I pulled them off I put more bbq sauce. They were moist & deelicious.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    MountainGriller, Raised direct at 400° dome. Pull them at 165°-170° internal. Use your favorite rub but I like is on the sweet side. :)

I will be watching for other suggestions. Tim
  • Chef Charles
    Options
    I have come up with a real easy and delicious way of doing up chicken breasts. Rub with a little olive oil and then sprinkle on a cajun or southwestern style rub. Follow 2Fategghead's advice on the cooking approach and you can add some wood chips for some smokiness. My twist entails adding a topping of salsa along with grated jack cheese a couple of minutes before the breasts are pulled.

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• MountainGriller
    Options
    Thanks for all of the great ideas - I'm getting hungry, I better get started
    Thanks again
  • Hi Geo. I see you are from Biloxi. I live over in Hancock county. My large BGE was purchased at grills and grates back in December, as a Christmas present. I am really enjoing it. It is great having a store locally like grills and grate. They have a huge selection and the prices are pretty good compared to other egg dealers.