Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bourbon & Brown Sugar Ribs

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I like the flavor of bourbon and have on occasion included it in some recipes. But I've always wanted to do some ribs with a bourbon touch, my thought being that bourbon, sugar and pork should go well together.

This is dinner tonight with my first attempt.

BourbonBrownSugarRibspmplate1-14-10.jpg

I started out with rubbing the ribs well with brown sugar. Then I rubbed on a little Bad Byron's Butt Rub just for added flavor. Then I mixed up a concoction of bourbon, water and white grape juice which I let the meaty part soak up for a day and a half.

I cooked 'em indirect @ 250° with some apple, pecan and hickory smoke for about 3 hours, then wrapped 'em in foil with some white grape juice for an hour, followed by opening the foil for another hour, spritzing with a light bourbon and water mix. I took 'em out of the foil and put 'em direct on the grid for about 30 minutes, during which time I both spritzed and sauced them.

Frankly, I was disappointed in the outcome. The bourbon flavor was definitely there but I didn't think it complemented the other flavors at all.

Back to the drawing board.

Spring "Had Fun Eggsperimenting" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments