Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Country Style Ribs

Options
haywyre
haywyre Posts: 165
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any good Recipes on these. I am still searching the net. I was just wondering if anyone has already used one.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Howdy haywyre,
    Here is how I like to do them. Might be some info in here that will give you some idears.[p]They are really good.
    Cheers
    Chris

[ul][li]Country Ribs cook[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • haywyre,[p]If you read Nature Boy's link below, he points out the difference between Country Style ribs cut from the shoulder and those from the loin. It's important to know which you have, as they are cooked differently. I've done both and like them both.[p]Last weekend I got some some loin Country Ribs. Just rubbed them and cooked them to get some smoke on them, 225 pit temp over apple wood, for an hour and a half, to an internal temp of 145. That's 5 degrees higher than I usually cook loin cuts, but I wanted to brush them with BBQ sauce for the last 10 minutes, to cook it on a bit.[p]When I went to heat them up for dinner this week, I used my new George Forman grill, preheated to 400 (no flashback!) cooked for 5 minutes. PERFECT![p]These things are great to use up a good fire or to eat for dinner while you are cooking a butt or brisket on another grate for the next day. I'll make them more often.[p]Lee