Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini hinge??

Options
TNmike
TNmike Posts: 643
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is the scissor hinge covered under warranty? The top rivet pulled out of the band. Mini is about 6 months old. My local dealer is small place and closed for a few days. Thanks, Mike

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Warranty, looks like they cover the bands for 5 years.

Read #4

http://www.biggreenegg.com/warranty.html

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    TNmike, Don't quote me but I think everything has a one year warranty to begin with and in addition to that is the life time warranty. Look at the last sentence in number 4. They are currently changing the mini hinge but, I don't know if it will be offered to you. Good luck. Tim

CONDITIONS OF LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY

1. This heavy duty model Big Green Egg carries a lifetime Warranty to the original purchaser whose name appears on the purchase invoice, and who has registered their Warranty with the offices of Big Green Egg. Defective EGGs will be replaced upon return, or shipment, (F.O.B. point of shipment) to the offices of Big Green Egg. The Big Green Egg will not be liable for any transportation charges, packaging costs, or export/import duties, or levied taxes. Except as provided in this CONDITIONS OF WARRANTIES paragraph, repair or replacement of parts in the manner and for the period of time stipulated hereunder shall constitute the fulfillment of all direct and derivative liabilities obligations from the Big Green Egg. Warranty does not apply to damage caused by improper assembly, misuse, accidents, commercial use, mechanical alterations, negligence, improper care, natural or accidental disasters; nor, to the gasket, or to a Big Green Egg temperature gauge. The Big Green Egg does not extend its warranty to chips or cracks of the exterior glaze, which may have occurred after the EGG® was delivered to the dealer or distributor.
    2. The Warranty coverage begins on the original date of purchase and proof of date of purchase is required to validate the Warranty.
    3. The pouring of liquids on your grill flame will void the Warranty. Starter lighter fluid is not to be used to start the fire inside the Big Green Egg.
    4. The Big Green Egg takes every precaution to utilize materials that retard rust by; using high temperature paint where advisable. Even with these safeguards, the protective coatings can be compromised by various substances or conditions beyond Big Green Egg's control. High temperatures combined with excessive humidity, chlorine, industrial fumes, fertilizers, lawn pesticides and salt are some of the substances that can affect paint on metal coatings. For these reasons, the Warranty on the metal bands is limited to five (5) years, and DOES NOT COVER RUST OR OXIDATION unless there is a loss of structural integrity on the components of the EGG.
    5. The Warranties are based on normal use and service of the EGG.
    6. The Warranty SHALL NOT APPLY, nor will the Big Green Egg assume responsibility for damages that might result from failure to follow prescribed procedures, or when the EGG has been tampered with, or if altered in any way, except as directed by the Big Green Egg or which, in the Big Green Egg's judgment the EGG has been subjected to misuse, neglect or accident. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, ALL STATUTORY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL NOT EXTEND BEYOND THE WARRANTY. LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL SPECIAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES IS EXCLUDED. Some states do not allow exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
    7. The Big Green Egg shall not be liable for any default or delay in the performance under the Warranty caused by any contingency beyond the control of Big Green Egg, including without limitation, war, government restrictions or restraints, strikes, fire, floods or reduced supply of raw materials. If your EGG has any cracks or chips on it at the time of purchase, these must be noted on your purchase invoice.
    8. The Warranty is in lieu of all other Warranties expressed or implied, by law or otherwise, and the Big Green Egg does not authorize any person or representative to assume for the Big Green Egg any obligation or liability in connection with the sale of the EGG. This means that no warranties, either expressed or implied, are extended to persons who purchase the product from any one other than the Big Green Egg or an authorized Big Green Egg distributor or dealer. Internet Policy: Purchasing and shipping any Big Green Egg product from an internet source will void the warranty associated with that product.

PROCEDURES FOR WARRANTY SERVICE

Contact your nearest Big Green Egg Dealer for part replacement under the conditions of the Warranty. Be prepared to furnish the following: purchaser's name, date of purchase, location of purchase, and an accurate description of the problem or the defective parts.

Big Green Egg is not responsible for shipping costs.

Failure to complete and return the Warranty Registration Card will invalidate your warranty.

The Warranties herein give you all of your specific legal rights.
    However, you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
  • TNmike
    Options
    Thanks Bordello, I've got my book right in front of me and missed that one. Maybe time for new glasses or just need to pay better attention. :pinch: Mike
  • TNmike
    Options
    I'd heard somewhere(probably here) that the mini hinge was being upgraded. I'd be willing to add a few bucks for the upgrade if it's available. Mike
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    Mike, I called the mother ship last week and got a call back from Bruce Bohannon. Although I did not get any details he did inform me they were changing the hinge assembly on the mini. I want to say the new hinge would be similar to the hinge on the large. Again please don't quote me on that. I suggest calling the mother ship and hearing it for yourself. Tim
  • TNmike
    Options
    Thanks, I'll give them a call Monday.--Hey- Bruce Bohannon-- same last name as mine--maybe a 'Family' discount??? :laugh: :whistle::whistle: Mike
  • fieroguy
    fieroguy Posts: 777
    Options
    'Family' discount???

Rotsa ruck.
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    Mike, Let me know how that works out for you. Just think you and I might be best friends! :whistle: Tim
  • TNmike
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: I'm not holding my breath for much success. Most of my family would try to charge me extra and tell me I was getting a bargain.
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    Mike, I'll tell you one thing Bruce is a nice people person and if you have to leave a call back number you may want to leave your cell because it may be the next day but, he will get back to you. Like I was told; imagine all the members in the forum and multiply that by 100 and that's how many he takes care of. :) Tim