Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Finally!!! My Outdoor Kitchen

DiDi Posts: 395
edited 5:23AM in EggHead Forum
Thanks to everyone for being patient in helping me learn to post pics......especially Micky!

IMGP0546.jpgIMGP0547.jpgIMGP0548.jpgIMG00010-20091108-17251.jpg

Comments

• vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Ok close enough on the pics... :)

why is there a big silver thingamajiggy in the middle of that beautiful stone outdoor kitchen???
    :pinch: :S :whistle: :cheer:
  • DiDi Posts: 395
    It's for the next homeowner!!! :)
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    good answer...and I bet it stores BGE stuff in it nicely...
    ;) B)
    That's exactly what it's being used for! :lol:

I'm trying to figure out where I could put a mini! Wish I had known what I know now when I designed the space!
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Di, It looks very nice. I love the stone work. It looks as if you have plenty of adjacent storage!
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 17,590
    Di that is some nice looking pork.
    That posting on pic's was sent to me, just paying forward. B)
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

Thanks Mickey. My next door neighbors (also eggheads) used to judge bbq in Kansas City. They said my pork butt was one of the best they had ever tasted! I was so excited! It was melt in your mouth moist. I just hope I can duplicate it again!
  • You can duplicate it everytime as long as you don't have a case of the oops and try to put it in you shiny eggecessory storage unit. LOL
  • Man that looks nice. I wish we could build something like that here but its against the rules here where we live. I know Mom would like to sit outside with me while I cook on my egg.

Dave M.
    Dave Montgomery at Wheeling West Virgina
  • Looks good
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    very nice setup
    Enjoy,
    Kendell
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Looks like a great space for cooking!! Shiny storage bin!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    BEAUTIFUL!I know you will enjoy it! :)
  • Nice!

Another hint on pic posting

Hit the return key between pics and they will stack nicely

Thanks for the photos and if you are making you "Q" judge neighbors say mmmmmmmmmm, that's mightyfine :laugh:
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Is that silver thing a frig/freezer combo unit? :huh:

Or just Egg tool storage? :ermm:
    Temporary BGE storage unit and sometime in the future it will be the next homeowners grill after I take my BGE with me!
    Thank you Frank! You can see that I'm somewhat challenged in the technical area. Good thing I can cook! :)
    I envision needing that space for future eggs. Unless of course your moving real soon. :P
    Just built the house, so we can't move. Wish I had known how much we would love the BGE before we built the space. I'm trying to figure out where to put a mini!
    I don't know Di...Wonder if you could sell the gasser. Really too bad. I have a feeling your going to get sick of looking at it and want the space. The little cook-top will be nice though.
  • ChrisCChrisC Posts: 107
    Di -

Can I get some more info on the burner you installed to the left gasser? We are looking into building one into our setup along with our two eggs.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Hi Chris -

That's actually not a burner, but a drop in cooler. One of the best things we did. I opted for the cooler instead of an outdoor frig. During the summer, we iced down drinks (beer!) and even in the Texas heat, the ice stayed for 3 or 4 days. It's great when having a party.

Plenty of room for brined meat (in a bag of course).
  • ChrisCChrisC Posts: 107
    OK - got it. Great Idea. Does it have a drain or do you pull and dump out the melted ice?
    Chris - it has a drain that runs out in back. The only thing I would do different is spend less on the gas grill and make room for a mini bge.
  • pattikakepattikake Posts: 1,175
    Awsum layout. It looks great. Good job.

Patti
    Wichita, KS