Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My first bottle of DP

Options
Bonehead
Bonehead Posts: 113
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just picked up some Pineapple Head :woohoo:
What are some of your favorite things to do with it? I can't wait to try it on some pork chops.

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Pork
    fruit especially pineapple, bananas & peaches
    baked sweet potatoes
    sweet potato fries
    sweet potato pie
    popcorn

just to name a few.... :woohoo:
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Bananas will knock peoples socks off. Just slice them the long way and hit both sides with PH, then onto the egg. However it is after a cook, set-up never seems to matter. I go for a nice glazed look on top and softened throughout. Keep a close eye though, cause by then in the night I've had a few and forgotten some batches. :ohmy: The amount of time between done and fubar isn't much.

Also Pineapple for sure, Squash, ice cream...go crazy!!

Hope you got the other 9 or so bottles too. :whistle:

Save the gas money and get all of them off the web site, you get little gifts ta boot. ;)
  • Bonehead
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
    I can't wait.
  • vidalia1
    Options
    BTW...with the fruit add a scoop of room temp mascarpone cheese and a drizzle of honey to the fruit when plated...your friends will thank you and think you are a gourmet chef...it beats ice cream hands down in my opinion... :lol:
  • EggTurner
    Options
    If you live near a dealer, great. Otherwise I second the web order suggestion - their service is great. In my next order I will try PH.
  • Bonehead
    Options
    Some bananas are going on now :lol:
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Just wondering, do you leave them in the skin after you cut them, then peel after egging??? Direct or not???

Thanks,
    Bordello
  • vidalia1
    Options
    It is easier to leave them in the skin until they are cooked...I do them indirect at about 250-300 degrees with the skin down for about 10-15 minutes...then put them fruit side down for just about 2 minutes to get a little "color" to them...they will pretty much fall out of the skin when they are done...

also you can put a scoop of Nutella on the warm bananas for a decadent treat...Bob the girls will "thank you" ;)