Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

scallops

Options
Vegas Slim
Vegas Slim Posts: 166
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
bought some large sea scallops on sale (4.99??? a pound) i know i should wrap in bacon but do i marinate them? also what time and temps are we looking at? any help or suggestions are appreciated!

Comments

• bigmikej
    bigmikej Posts: 216
    Options
    Vegas Slim,
    I never wrap in bacon and they always come out good. Last time I did them with a sprinkle of S&P and then seared them in a hot skillet with some butter and olive oil. When they were done, I browned the butter (this would be good w/ some fresh fried sage leaves too) and added a squirt of lemon juice. You really get the scallop flavor w/o much sauce or marinade.[p]

• Smokey Bob
    Options
    Vegas Slim, I wrap in bacon and use lime juice, honey, garlic, and chipotle powder for a marinade. Baste with marinade while cooking. Don't let the fire get too hot (350ºƒ) or so is fine. Don't want the honey to burn.[p]SB

• Vegas Slim
    Options
    bigmikej,
    thank you both i appreciate it as do our taste buds!!!

• IamtheWalrus
    Options
    bigmikej,
    I totally agree.............you want to cook the scallops as pure as possible. I only wrap witrh bacon as an appitizer. Seared with butter is perfect.......then browning the butter for a nutty taste....not burning the butter! Or you can make kabobs, but grill veggies first as the scallops only need a couple of minutes.