Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A great egg nog recipe

Options
Darnoc
Darnoc Posts: 2,661
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I thought I would pass this along.Have been making it for
fifteen years and is a winner.Low cal.No way.I guarantee rave reviews.

4 cups bourbon
2 1/2 cups sugar
12 large egg yolks
8 cups whipping cream

Pour the bourbon into a very large mixing bowl.Stir in the sugar.Let it sit several hours or overnight if you can wait.

Beat the egg yolks(no whites) till they are are a creamy yellow color.Fold them into the bourbon sugar mixture.Let it sit for two hours,if you can wait.

Whip the cream until stiff.Fold into the bourbon-egg mixture.Let it sit for one hour.If you can wait.

Mixture may be cut in half if you are clever enough to know how to divide 2 1/4 by 2.

Serve in cups.

Nutmeg not permitted.

This is great stuff.Enjoy.

Comments

• home made eggnog is well worth the minor effort. it's a lot different than the stuff in a jug at the grocery store, too.

we grate a little nutmeg over it though. when serving
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    This appears to be the diet version. Do you have a recipe for the regular egg nog? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Darnoc
    Options
    Now that is funny.A question that I often get is "How many calories are in this eggnog?"The short answer is beyond calculation.I lost my nerve when the total of half of the ingredients topped 6,000.But the calorie total should be divided by 20 if you serve the eggnog in big cups.
  • Gator Bait
    Options

LOL, Any one of the last three ingredients could kill me . . . the first one ensures that I would die with a smile on my face. :)

Sounds great!

Gator

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    You said: "Mixture may be cut in half if you are clever enough to know how to divide 2 1/4 by 2."

What is the 2 1/4 part? :blink:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Thanks for the nog recipe.

Been on an egg nog kick here lately and on this last trip went to Wally World around 4am and Noooo nog! :(

What to do with the 12 egg whites leftover?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • mkc
    mkc Posts: 544
    Options
    loco_engr wrote:
    What to do with the 12 egg whites leftover?

Meringue (to top pie or make meringue cookies)? Angel food cake? Homemade marshmallows for winter cocoa?
    Egging in Crossville, TN
  • Darnoc
    Options
    You have the right answer.They are not used in the recipe.