Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pulled pork today?

greggsegggreggsegg Posts: 31
edited 5:04PM in EggHead Forum
I normally cook it low and slow but want some today?I put on my 9lb bone in pork butt at 7:30 this a.m. . Any suggestions as to dome temp to enjoy today would be appreceiated. I've already started at 300. Thanx for any help/suggestions.

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,476
    GreggsEgg,
    I think 300 is just a little bit much. It would be nice if you could monitor your cooking level, and go for around 250 there...maybe 275 dome? Thinking you could polish it off in 10 or 12 hours. You could always throw it in some foil and back on the cooker after you hit 170 internal.[p]Just some early a.m. thoughts. Good luck!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • Nature Boy,
    Thanx for input! I'm adjusting temp down now,podder in place, will monitor and hope for the best!

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,476
    GreggsEgg,
    Sounds good. What time you plan on eating?? You might consider foiling a couple hours before din din if it is still putting along in the upper 160s. Otherwise gonna be a late dinner.[p]Enjoy the cook!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • Nature Boy,
    Hope to eat 5:30 to 6:00!?! Will definetly check couple hours ahead too see if need foiled!! Thanx again, will let you know how works out!!!Egg-on

• MarkMark Posts: 295
    GreggsEgg,
    Been in the same boat before, 350-375 your looking at 5-6 hours. Not as good as low and slow, butt.
    Mark