Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Costco Prime Beef, Drybags, RRP's Video

mkc
mkc Posts: 544
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First, a heads' up - Costco in Southlake, TX has prime ribeye steaks, roasts today. I picked up a lonely looking 6.52 lb boneless roast at 10.99/lb. Primals (is that what you call the large, vacuum packs of bone-in?) were something like $8.99 I think.

I only went for cheese (16 lbs of Tillamook sharp cheddar) to smoke for Christmas presents this weekend, but I just couldn't pass up that roast.

Then, trying to decide what to do with all that meat, and remembering RRP's YouTube video of using a Foodsaver to successfully vac and seal a Drybag, I broke down and ordered the combo pack of bags.

The Monogram fridge we have has a "Climate Keeper" drawer that I can set to "meat", or 34 degrees F. I'd dry-aged a "nekkid" 2-bone rib roast for 7 days in it once before and it worked beautifully, but I'd like to try the longer aging with the Drybag.

You guys are always such a great source of inspiration ;)
Egging in Crossville, TN

Comments