Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone in Las Vegas ever heard of

vidalia1
vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
or tried this restaurant?

http://www.memphis-bbq.com/mainmovie.html

I will be there in Feb and might want to check it out... :lol:

Comments

• CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    I have eaten at Mike's other restaurants in Murphyboro and Marion, IL and they're pretty good. The last I heard he had 3 of them in Vegas. The one thing I know he does is bend the menue to the clientel so there are differences to all of them.
  • BigT
    BigT Posts: 385
    I went to one of the Vegas restaurants after reading Peace, Love and Barbecue.

Disappointed to say the least. It was several years ago so the only tidbit I remember was passing on dessert after the waitress said, when asked, that it "came out of a can".

Still hope to make it to Murphysboro- chalked it up to a franchise thing.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Hey Kim, you might check the steak joint in the MGM for the Hanger steak. My wife had it last year around this time, prime cut and served as medallions, very good and reasonably priced for a high end steak joint. t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    I spent 3 days with Mike at the Murphysboro restaurant this past April and it was an eye opener. I learned a lot from him and he's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. That being said, there's a big difference between Mike Mills the bbq champion and how it's done in their restaurants or anyone else's. In his O'Fallon, IL restaurant near St Louis he has a red bbq sauce that he doesn't have anywhere else because people in the St Louis area need to see a red sauce. I don't care for that as much as I do the sauce in his original places. It's probably why I don't go to his place in Vegas when I'm out there.
  • JCinNV
    JCinNV Posts: 141
    Kim. I live in the area we tried it a few times, thought it was great at the time, now we like a place called (sorry don't how to post a link) Lucille's smokehouse Bar-B-Que-Henderson, Located in the District at GREEN VALLEY RANCH, just off the I215 & GREEN VALLEY PARKWAY, easy freeway off&on, very easy access, we like it because of the southern theme,we don't have much in the way of southern food out here, As far as Big hotel food, can't help much to many poeple hope this helps.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Thanks for the info guys. I will let you know if i try any of these places...