Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Iowa pork chops

dutchmandutchman Posts: 4
edited 10:06AM in EggHead Forum
Any go
od recipes for grilling thick Iowa pork chops? Recently got BGE and looking for a good recipe for grilling chops

Comments

• BajaTomBajaTom Posts: 1,269
    I like to put my favorite rub on them and cook direct at 375/400 to an internal temp of 150. Here are a few of my chop cooks. good luck to ya. Ribchop2.jpgTom Chops4.jpg Here is a pork roast the could have been chops. 3020410c.jpg
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,278
    that is just not right posting pic's like that this early in the day...... :pinch:
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• JBJB Posts: 510
    I've had good luck using the T-Rex method on thick chops. Sear at 650 or so for 90 secs per side, rest 20 mins while bringing the Egg down to 400, then roast until 140 internal, pull and cover for 10 mins. I use a baste of balsamic, evoo, dijon, rosemary and tarragon.

Thickchops-pineapple11-30-09003.jpg
    Thickchops-pineapple11-30-09004.jpg
  • I cooked some very thick center cut pork chops on the egg 2 weeks ago and they were fantastic. I marinated them in a sesame giner terriyaki marinade from Stonewall Kitchen. Grilled them at about 400 to an internal temp of 150. I flipped them 3 times. Everyone thought they were out of this world.
  • Greetings,
    i do the same with the rub d'jour and cook Hot and direct. i pull mine a little sooner at around 138.

DSC_0366.jpg
  •  

Hi Dutchman,

Here's my most recent post on Loin Pork Chops. I don't know if they came from Iowa, probably did. I do know they were very good. :cheer:

Gator

• I was wondering what is an Iowa pork chop? That's a new one to me.
    DMO
  • RaxusRaxus Posts: 21
    It's a good, thick pork chop. Normally 2 inches or so thick. Prolly just an Iowa thing, so sorry if ya never had one ;)
  • ClamClam Posts: 117
    Does it help to sear pork chops like steaks?
  • Heard double cut or thick cut, new to me. (and I have been around for a long time)
    DMo