Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Potato Bed

Options
Charbon
Charbon Posts: 222
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
LinkPhoto?GUID=3c616a69-63b9-afb0-16c9-2e9f882e12cd&size=lg
<p />I have been experimenting with shredded potato attemting to form a bed which could be laced with either sliced steak or even a humble burger. Trying to use food processor wife thought was great gift. Seems like it has promise. Photo here is of cheese burger on top of baked shredded potato next to shredded carrot on top of Romaine. Any ideas on this madness? Sometimes I get these ideas which only get worse as winter wears on. Thanks

Comments

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Options
    Charbon,
    looks good MAN !!!
    try incorporating some shredded onion with your potato, add salt and pepper, and olive oil. Make a big pancake and cook on a pizza stone until partially browned. Keep it about 1/2 in thickness so the onions and potatoes cook fairly quick.

• The Other Dave
    Options
    Charbon, I have a toy that looks like two strainers that "nest" together. It is used to make potato bowls. What you do is put shredded potato between the strainers and then put the whole assembly into 350 degree oil.[p]Pretty cool, but I only used it once, even though it worked quite well.

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Charbon,
    Just wanted to let you know, your picture has haunted me since you posted it. I keep seeing a nice juicy, rare steak perched on a potato patty so all the juices can mingle with the gret potato taste. What a presentation![p]Ken

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Charbon,
    Cool. Recently I tried a recipe that called for cooked and strained Ramen noodles to be laid out onto a pizza stone (as Wil mentioned below), and cooked til a crunchy brown. It worked really well, and reminded me of the Vietnamese dish my wife cooks with fresh egg noodles fried into cakes, and a wonderful shrimp/veggie stirfry poured over top.[p]Seems like it would work great with taters. Madness? Maybe. But I love this kinda talk. Nothin' like livin on the edge and trying new things![p]Keep us posted on your 'speriments.
    Beers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Coleslaw
    Options
    Charbon,
    Try adding some ham or sausages, dice onion, and some cheddar cheese. I did this sorta and put in some of that flavored cream chease, green onion and chive stuff, the cream cheese gave it a neat flavor.