Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

1000s can't be wrong

AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
edited 10:52AM in EggHead Forum
So this year I'm doing the Mad Max turkey, just getting ready to put it on the Egg. -RP

IMG_1649.jpg
IMG_1652.jpg
·

Comments

• I wish we would be eating at my house as I would do the "Max Turkey" myself but as is I put the bird on about an hour ago and need to leave here by noon for the in-laws.
    Keep us posted Ron!
    ·
  • Jupiter JimJupiter Jim Posts: 1,625
    Me Too,
    IMG_1558.jpg
    Gobble, Gobble :woohoo:
    Jupiter Jim
    I'm only hungry when I'm awake!
    ·
  • so i've finally pulled you in!! BBBBWWWWWHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA ....i feel like this is like invastion of the body snatchers!! :lol: :woohoo:

i hope you and kim and the entire clan have a great thanksgiving randy!!!
    ·
  • BHE1BHE1 Posts: 205
    Happy Thanksgiving Eggheads!!!! I hope each and everyone of you have a safe and festive day!!!! Now let's see the pics.

Mad Max Style Turkey: 18 lbs bird on at 7:30 am!
    DSC_0130.jpg
    DSC_0132.jpg
    DSC_0133-2.jpg
    DSC_0136.jpg
    DSC_0138-1.jpg
    ·
  • MMT is mightyfine - did one last year. We're passing on the gravy this year and decided to get spatchcocked.

Tina in da fridge overnight
    IMG_0439800x600.jpg
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Looks great AZRP!!! Why does the ice bag thing always look like a turkey with a hangover? :lol: I'll be pullin my turkey outa the brine bucket in a bit. Makin cranberry sauce right now with fresh Wisconsin berries. I got a powerful hankerin for fried cheese curds and if I can muster the effort to take a few pic's I'll post them at half time.
    Ice cold beer and pipin hot fried cheese curds is a combination that gets me dizzy with anticipation. :blink:
    Thankfully,
    Clay
    ·
  • Awesome looking pre-cook bird. How'd you get the butter spread across the turkey? I was trying the same and ended up with just clumps of butter that I had to really work to stick at all. Not the 'spread' I had envisioned. Butter not beat/sirred enough?
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I softened the butter and used my hands. -RP
    ·