Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1000s can't be wrong

Options
AZRP
AZRP Posts: 10,116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So this year I'm doing the Mad Max turkey, just getting ready to put it on the Egg. -RP

IMG_1649.jpg
IMG_1652.jpg

Comments

• ILL--EGGER
    Options
    I wish we would be eating at my house as I would do the "Max Turkey" myself but as is I put the bird on about an hour ago and need to leave here by noon for the in-laws.
    Keep us posted Ron!
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Me Too,
    IMG_1558.jpg
    Gobble, Gobble :woohoo:
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• so i've finally pulled you in!! BBBBWWWWWHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA ....i feel like this is like invastion of the body snatchers!! :lol: :woohoo:

i hope you and kim and the entire clan have a great thanksgiving randy!!!
  • BHE1
    BHE1 Posts: 205
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving Eggheads!!!! I hope each and everyone of you have a safe and festive day!!!! Now let's see the pics.

Mad Max Style Turkey: 18 lbs bird on at 7:30 am!
    DSC_0130.jpg
    DSC_0132.jpg
    DSC_0133-2.jpg
    DSC_0136.jpg
    DSC_0138-1.jpg
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    MMT is mightyfine - did one last year. We're passing on the gravy this year and decided to get spatchcocked.

Tina in da fridge overnight
    IMG_0439800x600.jpg
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Looks great AZRP!!! Why does the ice bag thing always look like a turkey with a hangover? :lol: I'll be pullin my turkey outa the brine bucket in a bit. Makin cranberry sauce right now with fresh Wisconsin berries. I got a powerful hankerin for fried cheese curds and if I can muster the effort to take a few pic's I'll post them at half time.
    Ice cold beer and pipin hot fried cheese curds is a combination that gets me dizzy with anticipation. :blink:
    Thankfully,
    Clay
  • Matt_inSC
    Options
    Awesome looking pre-cook bird. How'd you get the butter spread across the turkey? I was trying the same and ended up with just clumps of butter that I had to really work to stick at all. Not the 'spread' I had envisioned. Butter not beat/sirred enough?
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    I softened the butter and used my hands. -RP