Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABT direct or indirect

Options
Brokersmoker
Brokersmoker Posts: 646
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How should they be cooked? and about how long to get bacon done?

Comments

• TnVolKen
    TnVolKen Posts: 198
    Options
    I cook them indirect at 300. It take about 1 hour for them to be where my family likes them.
  • Clam
    Clam Posts: 117
    Options
    I cooked some last night in the 375- 400 range for about 50 minutes, indirect. ( I was preoccupied with cocktail hour) When the bacon looked done and the jalepenos looked a little shriveled I took them off. My first batch, they were a big hit!
  • highpress
    Options
    Brokersmoker,

I went raised direct last night. Turned out fantastic. I've done them both ways, indirect and direct. Either way will work just fine. Although if you can't go raised you might be better off going indirect. I think i did 350* for about 45 mins or something like that. I think if you went direct at grid level you might burn the abts.
  • ILL--EGGER
    Options
    I cook indirect raised grid 350-400 for about 45minutes. Seems to work well to crisp the bacon.finished.jpg
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    For more crunch to the peppers do them raised direct, I prefer indirect 300-350. Both are good.
  • PepperPilot
    Options
    Both ways will work just fine.

I use indirect since I dont have to watch them much while they are cooking. I am usually doing other things and getting ready for people to come over and think indirect works best for me. 1 hour at 250, or when the bacon is crisp I take them off.

After I stuff them, I sprinkle them with my my rub South Seas Heat. Just the right amount of heat and sweet makes these ABT's over the top.

When serving I cut on the diagonal and plate.

IMG_1292.jpg

Pepper Pilot BBQ & Spice Co.
    www.pepperpilot.com