Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fattie question

Options
hawkegg
hawkegg Posts: 97
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am wanting to make a fattie for a party this weekend. Any suggestions on ingrediants a nd best way to cook, time temp, direct or indirect? Also are they better served hot or cold?

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Easy Peasy. Get a roll or six of Jimmy Dean Sausage. Remove wrapper and rioll around in your favorite rub.

Cook indirect at 250 dome till 170 internal. Serve them anyway you want.

Makes great sausage for Biscuits and Gravy..
  • CaptainSpaulding
    Options
    It's fun to stuff 'em, too. Cheese, Peppers or maybe a little spinach to make them look healthy. I like to wrap bacon around 'em, too and then sprinkle with some turbinado sugar and/or your favorite rub.

Here's a link to a nice pictorial for a rolled and stuffed fatty:

Rolling a Fatty!

Have fun!

Joe
  • Iowa State Egger
    Options
    Hawkegg -

If you are in Iowa, go to a Fareway and pick up some italian sausage from the meat counter. I stuff with chesse, peppers and onion, slice and put on a bun.

I cook indirect at about 250 with plenty of smoke. When it gets to 160 to 170 you are ready to roll. I typically wrap in foil and let sit for a while, sometimes even wrap in a towel and throw in a cooler.

JustontheEgg.jpg

FinishedFatty.jpg

Good stuff. I plan on doing this at the tailgate tomorrow.
  • Lake Conroe Egger
    Options
    Pizza fatties are good. Lay the sausage out flat and smear some pizza sauce on it then some pepperoni and then mozzarella cheese. Roll it back up and cook as above.

Philly Cheese steak stuffing works good too. Shaved ribeye sauteed with onions and bell peppers and then a slice of provolone or cheese whiz.

The possibilities are endless!
  • Pickle
    Pickle Posts: 74
    Options
    I like to stuff with Poblano Peppers (baked and skins removed), crisp bacon, and Chipotle Raspberry sauce, then wrap in bacon, sprinkle with rub.