Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I love my Mini!

Options
Basscat
Basscat Posts: 803
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I love my Mini. To make a long story kinda short, work is really tough lately, too beat to cook, but don't want to spend money on take out because of my expensive new hobby (SCUBA diving in Cozumel :-) Stopped at the grocery, and they had split bone in turkey breast cheap. Bought a half, 2.5 pounds. Dropped a handful of lump in the Mini, got her fired up with a foil "pan" on the lower level with the Mini Woo 2. Set the temp at 300, dropped the meat on with a dusting of Dizzy Pig Raising the Steaks. Went out an hour later and it was done.
Too easy, and too good :-) It's kind of like a wood-fired microwave in its simplicity!
Sorry, no pics, it wasn't pretty, just good.

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Exactly!!! :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Pepper Monkey BBQ
    Options
    Beauty of the eggs .... even if it doesn't come out pretty ... it's almost always still good!

Joel
  • emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    Options
    AMEN
    Did the same on mine. Cutup a 14 lb bird and cooked half a breast Monday and then 2 thighs Wed. I am looking forward to apple wood smoking the drumsticks Sat.
    Great little device the Mini Egg.
    E