Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Today's the Day!

BrocBroc Posts: 1,398
edited 5:59AM in EggHead Forum
After two major spinal surgeries, back-to-back, three days apart [L4, L5] --

-- I'm off to Eggin' once more. Can't spend much time in prep [can't stay on my feet too long], so it'll be simple...

+ Prepared bread last night. Dough has been in the fridge. Ready to bake on the Small in about an hour.
+ Simple baked potatoes. Rubb in OO, S&P and bake for 400F for roughly an hour.
+ And my fav Egg treat, Tri-Tip! Rub, rest, sear, then roast to 130F internal. Double wrap in HDfoil, then serve.

My wife'll be using the kitchen to bake cherry pie and prepare several salads.

About 10 friends coming over to celebrate!

Thanks for the emails and posts. They're always joyous to receive when recuperating!

~ Best to All!

~ Broc
·

Comments

• Eggin' sounds like excellent physical therapy. Hope your recovery speeds along and have a wonderful celebration this evening!
    ·
  • Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery !
    ·
  • Congratulations Broc! and your spelling has improved dramatically too! haha :laugh:
    ·
  • That's one happy voice coming through! Congratulations on your recovery, and I wish I could enjoy that fabulous meal you describe. Luv luv luv tri-tip, especially with searing, resting it, and then roasting it. I learned from Morro Bay Rich that is the primo way of preparing tri-tip.

Judy B)
    San Diego...oh, it can't be! IT'S CLOUDY!!!!!
    Judy in San Diego
    ·
  • BrocBroc Posts: 1,398
    Thanks for the encouragement!

~ Broc
    ·
    Yes! Recovery is GOOD!

Best!

~ Broc
    ·
    Probably because my mind isn't all cluttered with Happy Juice!

:laugh: :woohoo: :laugh:

~ B
    ·
    Yepperoo! Morro Bay Rich was my mentor when I first started roasting Tri-Tip. I hope to meet both of you someday...

~ Best!

~ Broc
    ·
  • NoleC5NoleC5 Posts: 172
    Congrats on your recovery!! I had L5/S1 replaced (artifical disc) about 5 years ago now, so I somewhat know what you have experienced. Be proud of how far you've come and enjoy this time with your family!!
    ·
  • Broc,

Good to see ya back man. Bet the egged food will be amazing after the hiatus.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Alright glade to hear your moving some and hungry for egged food. Keep up what ever you are doing! ;) Tim
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Love to be there to help you celebrate but will still keep you in our thoughts for a great recovery ;)
    ·
  • Take it easy on that back. I had neck surgery last summer and my dad has had so many lower back surgery's they put in a zipper. They take a while to bounce back from. It is like trading one pain for another. :(
    ·
    It was! Best Tri-Tip to date [pulled at 130F]. Also, bread was scrumptdillicious...

My wife made three salads, and we also roasted potatoes on the Small.

Great Day!

Thanks again to ALL for encouragement.

But -- yes! I was exhausted by the end of the feed.

~ B
    ·
    Thank you!
    ·
    What type of neck surgery did you have?

~ B
    ·