Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grillin Bill means business!

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks Grillin Bill! It was very thoughtful of you to send us one of your masterpiece recipes to enjoy in your absence! [p]Just received a box from Mr. UPS man. Inside is meat (still frozen), the pre-mixed Grilln Bill Special Tri-Tip Rub, the balsamic, and italian dressings for the marinade, and clear instructions.[p]BTW, Grilln Bill aint one to brag, so I will brag for him. The April 2000 issue of Southern Living has several of Bill's recipes in it. Congrats Bill.[p]NB[p]
DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]I tried several of the recipes and they were AWESOME. I tried them without the knowledge that they were actually GB's recipes, I was amazed to find out that they were published by one of our own. We're in the presence of greatness folks (OK, maybe thats a BIT steep but they are GREAT none the less), I would highly recommend that you try some of those recipes if you have not. NB is right, GB is too modest to brag about himself, they deserve to be mentioned though and his accomplishment needs to be noted as those recipes are winners. Congrats GB.[p]Troy
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Remember NB, I offered to help with the tri-tip! I plan to learn as much abou GB's technique as possible! You're quite the master as well, so I be watch your style as well![p]S

• bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Will GB be in Waldorf on Saturday or will you be doing a tri tip in addition to the chunk o' chest? I am going to be sure to take a tablet and pen for the recipies that are sure to be exchanged! I can taste it now! Can't wait.

• Nature Boy
    Options
    bdavidson,
    GB will not make it. I will be cooking Bill's Tri tip in addition to the Brisket, 3 slabs of Ginger Mahogany Babybacks, and Squid. Will marinate and prepare the tri tips, and Smokey and other volunteers hopefully can take care of the cook.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]We will have the BGE video of Bill cooking at Eggtoberfest running while NB is cooking that raskal for you!!! [p]Nature might need a couple Eggs to work on.[p]Tim
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Tim M,
    There are two of them suckers! I cut all the fat off like he instructed. Currently marinating in his balsamic dressing, and italian dressing. Tomorrow when I get to Wall-dwarf I will rinse off the marinade, and slather those babies with mustard and coat them with a nice dose of his rub, wrap it cool it and wait for the moment.[p]It was an interesting cut of meat. When I was cutting off the fat cap, I noticed a grainy appearance (sort of like a brisket), but it is very lean. That explains the heavy beef flavor.[p]Dadburnit. I better chill.
    Ta Ta

DizzyPigBBQ.com