Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Size Pickup Bed

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in Off Topic
I need to haul those big round bales of hay. Just one at a time! Can I get by with a short bed or do I need some big ole honker?

mShark

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    i would pick out the truck i like and get a trailer ;) i dont think ive ever seen one of those big bales in a pickup
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Go to the place that sells the bales and ask them.
    I'm sure some nut in a Honda Civic has shown up for a bale. I bet they could really help.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    I always use a pickup! First borrowed my ex's, but he moved out of town. Then used my BIL's, but he put some weird winch gadget in the bed of his and it will hardly hold a pair of socks much less a bale of hay. It's just a 3 mile hike to the feed store, but they don't deliver!

mShark
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Photo Egg wrote:
    I'm sure some nut in a Honda Civic has shown up for a bale.

Heck Darian, how crazy do you think some of us Civic owners really are!!!

DSC_0023copy.jpg

Mine is a 1993 and you can hardly see the suspension sag under that load. :lol::lol::lol:

Gator

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    i would say if it fit in the 8 foot bed with the tailgate up, then it would be fine in the 6 foot bed with the gate open. im near the city so i need a smaller truck, too hard to find parking for me when i had the larger one with the club cab. my truck is a dakota with a convertible rag top, all i can picture is that bail rolling forward thru the top and into tha cab on me :laugh: sounds like your looking for a second vehicle so bigger might be more convienient, those bails seem to come in different sizes depending on whos rolling them
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    My Taco can handle two of them.. Short bed is fine, as long as the truck can handle the weight. Remember those bales are much heavier than they look.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Glad you saw the humor Adam, I was afraid back here in OT land it would be lost amid all the cobwebs and dust. :laugh:

Gator