Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forum gave me the push I needed

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Home from work at 6:00- 1 table half built and a egg in the shed. 1 egg in the shed is better then 2 at the dealers( I hope)
Thanks to all who gave me the little shove I needed to make this purchase.
With my gal out of town working and not at all keen about me owning an egg, I was hoping to have a meal on the grill by the time she arrives home Fri. nite so I could break the news gently. My dealer however did not have a manual for my egg and wont get me one till early next week--Dare I attempt without? If so what do recomend I serve up as sort of a "see I told you you would love it honey" meal.
You all have been more than helpful-I only hope I can return the favour sometime( Im not a good cook But I tell a mean JOke)
WW

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    WW,
    Yes. You needed to do this.
    You can get along just fine without the book. Take some time, an hour or to if you have it, and browse thru the archives. There is a wealth of information, and you will have more ideas than you can handle. Tim M's website and Gfw's also have great info and pictures.[p]Might I suggest doing some real nice steaks to knock her socks off? Slathered with mustard, and sprinkled with your favorite rub, they sear up beautifully. If you don't have a favorite rub, visit the recipe section and find JJ's rub. Make up a batch...it is good on about everything. Lots of info also in the archives on cooking steaks, searing techniques, and avoiding whooshes at high temps.[p]Congrats.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • WW,
    I agree with NB . Definitely check out Tim's site for lighting instructions, it's 100% better than the manual.

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    WW,[p] Congatulations!!

You will have things running full speed in no time at all.

Have fun with it. [p] Earl

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    WW,[p]Don't worry at all about getting a manual - you have the forum and its way better than the manual!! Just ask questions - basic as you need - and you will get the answer you need. [p]Please feel free to check the link below and go to the new users section for some basic getting started info.[p]Welcome to the family[p]Tim
    [ul][li]--- Tim's BGE Cookbook ---[/ul]