Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dry Aged Steaks

Options
Zeke
Zeke Posts: 90
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
'appy New Years to all. Yesterday I was at the butcher shop to get my baby backs, spare ribs and beef ribs for dinner tonight. Anyway, the butcher had dry aged steaks. I didn't ask the price but those steaks hanging from the ceiling really got my juices flowing. I got to have one and soon.[p]I know the BGE can cook just about anything but how would you cook one of those steaks? I would hate to mess up any steak but one that may cost $25.00 per pound or more would put me back on Prozac for life. Thanks!!!

Comments

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Zeke,[p]I pick these up from time to time for very special events from my restaurant source. If it's dry aged, I'll bet it's USDA Prime as well. Right now, 21 day aged NY strips were hovering at around $20/lb.[p]They don't require any special cooking technique. You can simply expect more intense beef flavor and incredible tenderness. Go for it sometime, you'll be in for a treat.[p]K~G

• BunkyRub
    Options
    Zeke,
    KennyG is right-cooking these steaks do not require any special treatment. Just don't overcook!! I believe you will find these among the best beef you have ever tasted. Enjoy!

• Zeke,[p]Be advised, once you have a quality Prime dry aged steak you may never go back to Choice steak! It's a huge price difference but it's also a huge difference in taste.[p]Let us know what you thought of them.