Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

corn is already husked: wrap in foil???

Options
florida Nick
florida Nick Posts: 101
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have some corn on the cobb that is already husked. Should I wrap it in foil with some butter or oil? Direct or indirect?
I'm also cooking sweet potato and pork chops.
I have done corn with the husks on before but never cooked any on the egg with no husks.
thanks
Nick

Comments

• Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Our favorite way is direct....brush with a bit of oil, salt & pepper, and grill direct till it carmelizes a bit. Best corn we ever had! :);) We will never cook in the husks again.... Just my two cents! :whistle: (I'll see if I can find a picture...)
  • Little Chef
    Options
    Nick....Here are a couple pics for you....

DSC00917.jpg

These have been sprinkled with fresh grated parmesean and a bit of butter....
    DSC00923.jpg

Totally delicious! Wish you the best!! Let us know how you do! ;)
  • florida Nick
    Options
    Thanks Little Chef.
    Do I need to soak the corn first?
  • Little Chef
    Options
    Nope...no soak needed! Brush with a bit of oil, salt, pepper, and grill! Pics sent....should give you and idea what you are shooting for. :)
  • florida Nick
    Options
    Awesome, thanks!
    Thanks for the pics too. Looks great and I like the idea of some parmesean.
    Appreciate the info :)
    Nick
  • OliverB
    OliverB Posts: 22
    Options
    what I've done before with corn already out of the husk is to parboil it somewhat half way to being done, then put it on the bbq (weber - I just unpacked my BGE) to give it some nice color and charing. Worked very well. Also makes it easy to prep ahead, just put on the grill shortly before dinner to heat it up and give it color.
  • florida Nick
    Options
    Thanks for the info Oliver
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Nice looking. Sorry I missed Hotlanta. do you do corn direct/indirect what temp time?? LOL see you in Mar??
    We my be in Ft Liquordale weekend of 14/15 Nov on way to Keys. Wanting to go back to to Chimas on Las Olas. You folks going to be around? You are Glorias Rack of Lamb Queen.
  • Little Chef
    Options
    Hey Richard! You were missed in Atlanta. :( ;)

When I do my corn, just like my steak, I don't really pay too much attention to the dome temp. Usually hold it around 400*, then I open the dome and bottom vent, wait till the coals really come to life, and grill direct until done. The corn usually takes about 8 minutes.

As far as November goes, we'd love to see you! Headed out of the country on the 16th....15th for packing and final prep...but if you are available the 14th, maybe we can meet for dinner at the place on Los Olas?? Just a thought!! We can talk when it comes closer. ;)

Look forward to speaking! Glad you are healing well and getting out and about. :);)
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    In the '50's when I lived in Guadalajara Mexico as a teen the elotes from the street vendors was a great treat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elote

Can still taste the street flavors.