Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Eggtoberfest 09

Options
BENTE
BENTE Posts: 8,337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wow !!! i know it has been a few days and i have yet to post all the photo's but it takes awhile to load them to photo bucket. i ended up taking 182 pictures before my battery died.. which was before the fest actually ended :pinch: :angry:

but by that time i was not feeling to well.. i really felt bad.. thankfully i had some help... all of the Big'un's (Whole Hippo Family), the poolman, Pork Butt Mike, and Fidel all helped me while i was in distress they helped me to get my stuff back to the hotel and i can't thank them enough for their help....

but after a few hours in a warm hotel room, a shower, and a sprite worked wonders on me. so i was able to take and spend some time in the parking lot... but maybe i am getting ahead of myself the weekend started thursday at Fidelfest 09 i got a few photos but could not load the all
2009-10-17001.jpg
that looks like the only one from fidel fest 09 but thanks to rodney and his family for having me i had a really good time..

here are some photos from the m & g

2009-10-17065.jpg

2009-10-17048.jpg

here is the group 9 photo max took for me
2009-10-17054.jpg

2009-10-17052.jpg

2009-10-17057.jpg

next time i will give my camera to spawn maybe she will get me in a photo :whistle:

here are some more photos of the best friends a a$$ like me could wish to have

2009-10-17018.jpg

2009-10-17013.jpg

2009-10-17008.jpg

2009-10-17033.jpg

2009-10-17139.jpg

2009-10-17138.jpg

2009-10-17128.jpg

2009-10-17182.jpg

2009-10-17180.jpg

2009-10-17122.jpg

2009-10-17116.jpg

2009-10-17108.jpg

2009-10-17102.jpg

2009-10-17142.jpg

2009-10-17147.jpg

2009-10-17150.jpg

2009-10-17098.jpg

2009-10-17181.jpg
thanks doug for the use of your phone ;)

2009-10-17104.jpg

2009-10-17100.jpg

this one was funny here are the "North of the Border Smoke Squad" they are in their missing man formation since one of them could not get out of the hotel room on time :laugh:
2009-10-17084.jpg
here is al doing his CW impression
2009-10-17172.jpg
he proabably feels like that since he has a nephew that is the "Unibomber"
2009-10-17141.jpg

but the funniest pictures i took is this one

2009-10-17137.jpg

thanks to all of you who i already knew and it was a pleasure to meet those of you i did sorry if your picture is not here but i can't post too many at one time or someone will need a pacifier :whistle:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    but terry, you kept saying "take a good picture of the gang of 9, take a GOOD picture of the gang of 9!" so i did and left you out :whistle: :woohoo:

(actually, i really thought i had you in there brother, oh well, sorry bout that) ...

i sure did have fun with you though, you are one of the primary reasons i make that drive every year!!! btw, did you see that hayhonker got a big old honkin ticket on the way home in that caddy of his!! "i swear officer i was only 4 MPH over the speedlimit!!" LOL
  • BENTE
    Options
    noi missed that one.. but maybe next year he can drive down and you can drive back.. a day early down so he has no speeding problems :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Terry that was my finest impersonation of you, think I was inspired by the face plant by my last tostada of the fest. :laugh:-RP
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    Dude awesome pictures, we all had a great time. It just seemed to end to soon every year. Hope to see you in March, I will need your help. HA HA :)
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    i swear i'm coming down on thursday next year one way or the other!!! . .. i missed too much this year! great pics btw .... thanks for the ones of me and syd, i already downloaded those. ...
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Terry it was great seeing you again. But no grinder pic? :(
    Take care my friend.

Mike
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    i still think you shoulda served that one up. ..some of those people were so damned rude they deserved to eat it!!!!
  • BENTE
    Options
    well did you see the one that the Filly got in on ? it was of me and fidel she was between us in the backround and did the toung thing it was really funny poolman took the photo ;)

always good to see you and kim and i look forward to the next time we can meet up

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Thought about it but Jim Nufer's parents were first in line, and I couldn't do that to them. -RP
  • BENTE
    Options
    yes mike it does end too soon for me and not early enough for my liver :lol:

i will do my best to make it then ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    Good pictures Terry, Thanks!
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • BENTE
    Options
    i was going to wait till the first time i use that grinder to taake pictures of it along with a plead for instructions :whistle: :silly: :woohoo: :P :ohmy: :):)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    i had a great time as you can tell from the pictures... so you really changed your name??? cause of fidel :S :ermm: :huh: :pinch: :unsure:

too funny

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Great pics, Terry. Loved the narration! As always it was great seeing you and the family again. Your daughter, "Pulled Pork", is really growing and as cute as could be!
  • BENTE
    Options
    i am just glad she looks like her momma or else i would have to feel sorry for her to look like her daddy

2009-10-17080.jpg

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Terry:

Great pics! Wish I could have been there. It looks like a great time! Hope to see you again some time.

What'd you say to Carwash?
  • BENTE
    Options
    do you really want to know????

he was great we left fidelfest at the same time he needed a ride back to the hotel i think he just wanted to leave before anyone had too many cherries... oh that is another story for another time i guess :whistle: :laugh:

yea man i missed you again next year i am going to have to hire chubby to kidnap you or maybe the chickend will bring you kicking and screaming...

btw watch your email ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Smokin' Wolverine
    Options
    Hey buddy great pictures....cheers to you
    DSC03066.jpg
  • BENTE
    Options
    looks like you had your own fest!!

but the missing man photo wasn't for you...

we put big'un in there for one of the other missing members.. he was in the room :whistle: :woohoo: :laugh: B)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Smokin' Wolverine
    Options
    no way I'm missing next year. See you in October...Jim is talking about leaving Tuesday at midnight so we get down there Wednesday at noon
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Terry, I didnt know uou werent feeling well. Sorry to hear that. Glad you were able to bounce back.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Great time was had by all...great photos except the one of me where I look like I am blowing kisses...LOL
  • hayhonker
    hayhonker Posts: 576
    Options
    When it's time to go home it's time to GO! Lol

Getting there Thursday makes a huge difference
  • BENTE
    Options
    i had several of you youngbloods sorry about the bad one of you you just have to learn how to pose ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    yea ya'll can come out to fidel's next year that was a good time...

oh well next year ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Big George's BBQ
    Options
    Great Pics Thanks for sharing
  • BENTE
    Options
    well next time i will try to hurry over on sunday so you will have time to eat and go slow :silly:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    i think bounced hard is the more approproite term since it lasted till 5:30 ish :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    make plans to attend next year you will have the most fun you can have.... with your clothes on :blush:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Ross in Ventura
    Options
    Thanks for the posting

Ross