Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cleaning

Options
shubydoobydo
shubydoobydo Posts: 115
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello all sorry for such a beginner question! How do you all clean your BGE? On one of my first cooks i used bbq sauce and now it is all over! What do you use. Also how often do you clean it?

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Assuming your talking about the inside I will do a clean burn 3 or 4 times a year by taking the temp to 600 for a couple hours
  • shubydoobydo
    Options
    Yes i am talking about the inside... so I clean it like I would the oven? Just turn it on and let it burn?
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Yep ,,,, it's that easy ;)
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Shooby...It is the absolute only way to go for egg cleaning. And if you have a platesetter or pizza stone that needs a good clean, toss it in there, too. It will come out looking brand new! ;) Beware however... it is possible to fry your gasket...particularly the felt stock gaskets. If that happens, have no fear....we'll help you replace the gasket in no time. ;) Something all Eggheads should learn anyways... :laugh: :whistle:
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Which reminds me... what's with the felt gaskets anyway. I've already fried mine. Called my dealer about it (that and my broken CI grate). Told him I heard that BGE would replace felt with Nomex and wanted that if possible. I got a new grate and Nomex gasket. No charge, of course.

So, why don't they just install Nomex in the first place and save us (and them) the hassle?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Do you mean....It's so easy a.......POOLMAN can do it???!!! :laugh: ;)