Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Boston Butt on the Mini

NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just had to try a butt on the mini. This pic is of a 6.76lbs Boston Butt going direct and targeting 250 degrees dome. I have the Et-73 all set up and reporting.

I filled up the fire box with lump and let it burn for a bit and added cherry and oak chunks for smoke. The butt was slathered in Dijon mustard w/kosher salt and course ground pepper. I'm using an old Miracle Maide pie pan as a drip pan so I guess you could say I'm using a modified indirect cook.
IMG00296.jpg
I wanted to do an indirect cook using the mini KIM woo and baking stone but the butt was to big (it was the smallest Blooms had at the time and I wasn't about to pass up 99 cents/lb.). Next time I'll shop in advance for something around 4 lbs - that would be a great size for the wife and me.

Comments