Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Lunch

NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
edited 7:41AM in EggHead Forum
We're back from Amish country in Ohio. Had a wonderful three days with the in laws staying in Walnut Creek, OH. No pics to busy holding on for dear life during the back road bus trips.

I don't have a clue what's for supper tonight so I fired up the mini and made a nice but simple lunch: Pork chops and broccoli. Cooked the thick chops rasied direct at 400 dome using Kosher salt and course ground pepper. Lunch was very tasty and surprised the wife. The mini rocks.
IMG00288.jpg
IMG00289.jpg

Comments

• looking good Bill, how long have you had your mini?
  • NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Bought it in early August. Thanks.
  • Bill,
    I used to live in Galion Ohio north of Walnut Creek.Every fall we would drive down to Walnut Creek and Millersburg to look at the fall colors and get Amish cheese and eat their delicious food.It's a beautiful drive through there.We don't get those colors here in Colorado. :(
    Nice chops by the way.
    Is that a nomex gasket on your mini?
    Jon
    Thanks, yes it's a nomex gasket, blew out the felt quickly - first high temp cook.

I know that area of Ohio well. Very beautiful topography.
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Looking great Bill. Looking forward to meeting you next week... :woohoo:
    Thanks Kim! Back atcha!
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Bill, Nice pic's. I love eating the thick pork chops. Maybe I will see you in Atlanta!
    Tim
  • Now that is a nce lunch You eat well
    I'll be there looking to match a face with the handle!

Thanks,
    Thanks, but lunch isn't normally like that. I wanted to make sure my wife had a good meal before she left to make her sales calls. No telling when she'll be home for dinner.
  • BearBear Posts: 32
    No VA Bill,
    That looks great, I absolutely love thick pork chops. Good job!

B.
    Thx!