Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who all goes all night @ 250 w/o electronic aids

Options
2»

Comments

• RU Eggsperienced
    Options
    I used to do it all the time. Actually I did it at lower than 250 probably +20 times then once I had a problem. Fortunately for me, since I suffered from EII (Egg Induced Insomnia) which was caused by my ACP (Addiction to Cheap Pork). So my EII caught it before serious problems.. - actually think by Maverick also issued an alarm, but don't think I needed it...

Anyway, I broke down and bought a Stoker and have been very happy. It cured my EII but made my ACP flare up alot more often.
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    I do, 250 all night, I'm also a pour in the lump and light, no fancy piece by piece stacking
  • Cactus Doug
    Options
    I have yet to get a power draft control unit. I have had my egg for 3.5 yrs and have never had a problem. Ususally I get up once per night to check the temp. Roughly estimating 8 hrs of sleep I check 4 hrs in. My thinking is that it would be very dificult for my cook to run 4hrs under 140F making the meat unsafe. My recent worry has been bears, because of the forest fire many bears have been in my neighborhood. I used to see 1 per month, now its two per week.
  • Ike
    Ike Posts: 291
    Options
    Put on two 8# butts last Saturday afternoon @ 5:00 pm and had everything precisely figured where I could enjoy some drinks and a good night of sleep. Had my Maverick ET 73 going so that my wife could help monitor... she gets up more often than I. Anyhow, at 3 am she wakes me and tells me the butts are at 205. Well, being awakened at that hour with a premature hangover was not a pleasant thing. The butts turned out awesome, to the credit of the BGE, but my wife TOLD me that we need to consider one of those Digi Q things that I have been telling her about. There is one in our very near future...lol.
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    It certainly isnt difficult to do with a little planning...MANY have done it..for many years..
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    :laugh: au naturale in Southern NM
    get up more often when windy, but haven't had to lately :woohoo:
    I think, very unscientifically, that as the BGE gets "broken in," it holds the temp better :silly:
    'course, that could just be "operator break in" factor :whistle: