Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Beef short ribs question

pattikakepattikake Posts: 1,175
edited 8:42AM in EggHead Forum
Hi Everyone,

Been awhile, I am doing burboun meatballs for the neighboors, they brought me all the stuff they stated that the meatballs do not tast the same in the oven. Wonder why :whistle: I am going to do beef short ribs for us. Any suggestions? I have not been on Miss Egg for a month to long but as I come back into society I will using her alot more.

Thanks in advance,
Patti
Wichita, KS

Comments

• ric3677ric3677 Posts: 278
    I did some beef short ribs last friday. Dizzy dust and indirect at 250 for about 4 hours. I think the last hour or so, the ribs were foiled. Done to perfection and juicy. I didn't use any extra wood, just the flavor you get from the lump. I also didn't put on any sauce, but then that's my choice. You could sure do that when you foil.

This is the second time I have done the beef, cooked lots of pork ribs, but not so much beef.

Good luck with your cook.....Rick in Mt.
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    They cut Beef short ribs in so many different ways it's hard to say. If you have the big long meaty ones cook them just like you would baby backs. I do mine at 250 for about 5 hrs. unfoiled
  • reelgemreelgem Posts: 4,256
    Nice to see you back and posting Patti!