Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Filets on the mini

Options
WessB
WessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just done up some great filets on the mini and made a picumentary (hows that for a word LOL) for anyone interseted. I know for most these are second nature. I`m just trying to offer some advice to the new eggers as I looked for and depended on when I first started eggin...anyway, its on my website under the "Cooks" section..[p]The Nascar banquet starts in about 20 minutes....[p]Wess
[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    WessB,
    Those are purty. I see you are taking care of that sweetheart of yours.[p]I still need a mini. Got a feelin' I might git me one in 2004 if the times go well. I have my sites set on the doorprize at the Maryland Eggfest. This could be the year.[p]Heee
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • WessB
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    If Woo wins again we can tag team him and take it from him..LOL, Sally bought mine as an anniversary present and I knew I would win it after that, but it didnt happen..thanks for the kind words..[p]Wess

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    WessB,
    It just so happens I'm doing filets tomorrow night on my small which I'll serve with Bearnaise sauce over them and balled tators I'll brown in pure butter in a skillet on the stove. The tators are made using a melon baller and over the years I've gotten pretty good at making spheres that roll like marbles in the skillet.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • WessB
    Options
    RRP,
    That sounds great...keep us posted, or post some pics if you can..[p]Wess

• GrillMeister
    Options
    WessB,[p]Looks great! It's making me hungry again even after two spatchcock chickens. [p]I tried Ragin River on the chickens tonight & it was pretty tasty. Dizzy Pig's got something going....

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • WessB,[p]Those look great Wess.[p]I just cooked 2 10 oz filets on my large (I plan on getting a small or mini sometime next year for steaks) and they were fantastic. I marinated in Italian, worchestershire, and dales over night and applied a liberal amount of Cow Lick about 20 minutes before cooking. Seared them at 650 on each side for 4 minutes and let them dwell (both vents closed) for an additional 3-4 minutes for a perfect medium filet. I'll never order steak again because I know they can't cook it as well as I can (with the help of my BGE....LOL).

• GrillMeister,[p]I agree. I have 4 different Dizzy Pig rubs and have been extremely pleased with all four.
  • WessB
    Options
    Tidejoe,
    It`s amazing how disappointing some restaurants become that we used to think were good..LOL..Glad you had a good result.[p]Wess

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    WessB,
    My filets served with the golden potato balls with sauce were terrific! Thank you Mr Egg for another job well done! As I posted on another thread last night we started the meal with a cup of the rich thin soup JSlot posted about yesterday.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.