Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3 rd Cook on my Egg

Options
La. Redneck
La. Redneck Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good afternoon Eggheads,[p] For my 3rd cook on my Egg, I am going to try 3 racks of BABy BACks rubbed with mustard and seasonings. Wish me luck and if any of you have any secrets to make better ribs, I promise I will not tell anyone. =) Great cooking everyone this weekend.

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    La Redneck,
    There are PLENTY of rib recipes/techniques, all are good...the trick is finding out which one you like best. Check the "submitted recipe" section, and the "recipe" section also. I personally prefer the Jim W method, Jslot`s is excellent also.[p]Wess

• Tanya
    Tanya Posts: 87
    Options
    WessB, Stupid me! I have scoured this whole website for the last 3 weeks, including archives, then when I try to remember a recipe, I go back trying to find the post where I saw it. I have completely overlooked the "submitted recipes" section! :-( Thanks! That's a life saver when you want to try something new!

• WessB
    Options
    Tanya,
    If you want the complete recipe list from the entire forum for some time, go to my website, below, and download Wise One BGE forum cookbook. It`s a PDF file and is not very big, but it`s more then 150 pages of tips and recipes ALL from this forum....it`s in the recipe/cooks section..[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • Tanya
    Tanya Posts: 87
    Options
    WessB, I just downloaded and printed the recipe book. What a great thing! You must have spent hours putting that together! I am going to print and cover this for my son (I gave him a medium BGE for a combined wedding and Christmas gift 2 years ago). He has had his egg for 2 years now and basically used it for steaks, burgers, etc., but recently smoked a pork roast and was thrilled with the results. I had had a small BGE several years ago which got broken and have just had the metal cooker since. After getting him the BGE have been jealous and longing for one. Just got a Christmas bonus and had a birthday and got myself the medium. My husband is soooooo impressed! Thanks for the info. I can't believe I missed the recipe section. My son doesn't have a computer right now and will be thrilled to get your download. It's sooooo much better than the manual that comes with the Egg. Thanks again!
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Tanya,
    That cookbook was actually put together by Bill Wise, who goes by the name of "Wise One" on this forum, and you are right, he did a lot of work!![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • WessB
    Options
    Tanya,
    As the Whiz said...all the credit goes to Wise One, he does update it regularly, AND he is in the process, with BGE people, re-writing the manual that will come with the Egg. Enjoy.[p]Wess