Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Roll Call...Oswegofest

Options
Desert Filly
Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
All right. We're getting our stuff laid out to pack. Getting the menu settled, Who else is coming? We get in on Thurs..but are having dinner with family that night. We'll be up...I'm sure...bright and early Friday morning. Will need to shop...So, meet us at breakfast if you're there that early. Are any of the locals...willing to share an BGE for an after party? Haven't heard anything.

The Filly

Comments

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    We'll be there. Will get to the hotel Friday afternoon and hopefully can do shopping then. Anne has graciously agreed to provide transportation since we're just hoofing. Gonna be a good one.

mShark
  • Ron_L
    Ron_L Posts: 163
    Options
    I have to work on Friday but i should be able to make it to the Meet and Greet and I'll be there bright and early on Saturday morning to get set up. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Hope ya'll have a great time. I'm just laying low till Atlanta,,,, see you then ;)
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Hitchen up the potato wagon on Friday for the down hill run to Oswego. See ya sometime later in the day. :)
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    How do you hoof the 40 mile ride from Ohare to the fest? -RP
  • ILL--EGGER
    Options
    RRP and myself are leaving bright and early on Saturday morning to make the drive up from Peoria. Can't wait to meet everyone. I'm sure everything you need will be available in the area but if not don't hesitate to ask on here and see if Ron and myself can bring it up.
    Have a safe trip.
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Will be in Chicago for a couple days prior. Then have business in Lisle (train from Chicago). Then client dropping me off in Oswego. Tada!
  • Teach42
    Teach42 Posts: 219
    Options
    I'll be there with wife and son in tow! Driving up Saturday morning and looking forward to a fantastic day.
  • Hardwood
    Options
    Antioch, IL will now be officially represented at Eggwegofest this year. I had to sort out some potential unemployment issues but I am happy to say that I missed the bullet. I will begin a new job on September 28th and can’t think of a better way to celebrate than with friends cooking on the Egg.

Our hotel reservations have been made. All we need to do is register, grocery shop and get a hold of Nancy. I hope it’s not too late to attend the meet and greet. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    I'll be there too, but working on Friday, unfortunately.

Has Nancy released any details about the Friday night Meet 'n Greet?
  • Ron_L
    Ron_L Posts: 163
    Options
    She told me on Friday that the M&G details would be coming out soon. Haven't seen anything yet.

I did trial run of Orange Marmalade Sriracha Wings yesterday and they were big hit for the Bears game, so I am going to cook them.

This is my first Eggfest. Do folks cook more than one thing? Should I bring copies of the recipes, a table sign, etc?
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    Also my first as a cook. I'll be bringing the wok, since I didn't see anyone wokking last year.

I'm working on a second dish, and will do a trial run this week.

I know there were a few people with hand-out recipes last year, but not everyone had them. Same goes with table signs and decorations. Personally, with the frantic pace of stir-frying, I'll have my hands full.

Also, don't fill your whole day up with cooking so you can't get out and mingle and taste other folks dishes.

Can't wait to try your wings, they sound awesome.

See you then!