Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just noticed the nest redesign

Options
James MB
James MB Posts: 359
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had a nose around the BGE site and noticed the nests seem to have been redesigned.
I also saw a half moon raised grid for the Med - now that's something I didn't realise I wanted ....
No - I'd never use it but nice to see some things being made for the medium not just the large / XL

Comments

• BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    I looked at the nest, but did not see any changes....?
  • The new nests (at least for the Large) have a wider stance and larger wheels than previously. The ones I saw also had handle/hand truck type attachment moving. Very nice but I don't see any reason to upgrade if already have one.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Oh you want it and would use it!! I do, it's great and adds versitility to the cook.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • James MB
    Options
    My Med nest has bracing - a kind of double legged M - whereas the new nest seems to be more of a single legged affair more of a double legged Y.
    I'm not saying one is better or worse, just different. I would say mine is stroner (presumably over engineered) and the newre one is sleeker