Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini owners question

Options
cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This daisy wheel leaks like a sieve. It is not seeding to the dome, very sloppy. Should I put gasket under it like the ceramic top I did? Maybe cut the width in half to make it skinnier.. I dunno
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Molly there are some ridges inside the daisy that prevent it from dropping down on the top vent. I took a dremmel and a grinding wheel and ground them off. -RP
  • cookn biker
    Options
    I'll go look and see what you are talking about. Thanks Randy.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Is the bottom of the daisy sitting on the dome? and touching the glazing?
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Nope
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    turn it over and check to see if the daisey wheel screw is sticking up like this

minidimensions048.jpg

minidimensions047.jpg

if so replace it

minidimensions049.jpg

minidimensions045-1.jpg

and as adam asked and randy suggested grind the ribs off till it sits down on the ceramic ... i did
  • cookn biker
    Options
    I'll check on the screw and have it ground down.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Appreciate the feedback!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Options
    Mine was like this too. Borrowed a Dremel from a friend, problem solved :-)
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanks, I will too.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • molly, just to be sure i understand your plan.. have the ribs ground down till it seats .. replace, do not grind the screw,, if you grind the screw you will have trouble removing it.. remove screw take it to the hardware store match theads and pick length,,
    bill
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanks bill!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • StoicDude
    Options
    Mine was leaking pretty bad in the beggining, but with the buildup of grease/ smoke, or whatever that stuff is, is got better. It still leaks, so I will check the screw.