Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st Tailgate for Eggers - Small Carrier

Options
Iowa State Egger
Iowa State Egger Posts: 337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
All -

Not many teams opened up Thursday night, but ISU was one of them. Beat a IAA team, so not that impressive but the tailgate was impressive! Broke out a new small BGE and a new carrier - thanks to Frank in Houma for the idea. I cooked a ton of meat, but only small amout of pics - sorry:

Dual Small BGE's in Travel Mode:

TravelMode.jpg

Dual Small BGE's in Cook Mode:

CookingMode.jpg

ISU Flags - Have to love 'em:

Flags.jpg

Daddy needs a cold one (FYI - not Dr. Pepper but ISU colored RED)

ISUColdOne.jpg

Started with some Fatties:

Fatties.jpg

And some Chip Dip - Meat, Salsa and Velveeta:

ChipDip.jpg

After this, I cooked about 5 lbs of pork loin on a stick. I soaked in Italian dressing overing and seasoned with Butt Rub.

I had most of the tailgating neighbors coming over to check everything out. The fatties were the talk of the tailgate, I cut and served on a bun. Great day and the Cloners won.

I am not a betting guy, but the clones play the Iowa Chokeyes this coming Saturday. ISU covers pretty much every year. I will let you know after the spreads come out. Chokes may get beat this week against Northern Iowa!

Comments