Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb Chops

Options
Wino
Wino Posts: 69
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just found a great new cut to order butcher in Atlanta (well it has been around for 51 years). Picked up some 1 1/2 inch cut lamb chops that look killer. Any good suggestions.[p]Thanks
Ron

Comments

• The Other Dave
    Options
    Wino, Wow, 1 1/2" lamb chops! Hard to mess those up unless you over cook them. I just season and egg at high temp till rare or med rare. At the thickness you have I would recommend a somewhat less hot grill. Cook direct to internal temp of ~130 for still somewhat red and perfect. Don't worry how black the outside is (we're not talking ridiculous, just black) go by the internal temp. If I had to guess a dome temp I would say about 450. But cook with top open. Let us deprived thin chops folks know how they turn out.

• Dave's Not Here
    Options
    Wino,
    What's the name of the butcher? Always looking for new sources.

• Wino
    Wino Posts: 69
    Options
    Dave's Not Here,
    Shields Meat Market. 1554 North Decatur rd. 404-377-0204.
    It is in the Emory Village connected to the CVS.
    A bit more expensive, but well worth it if you need cut to order. They will even debone at no charge.[p]Ron