Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Spareribs W/ Dizzy Dust

crazybout'Qcrazybout'Q Posts: 12
edited 2:27AM in EggHead Forum
Hey everybody! Planning on smoking some spareribs tommorow with Dizzy Dust for the rub.. Just was wondering if I do the 3-1-1 method shall I put some liquid margarine and brown sugar and honey on the ribs when I wrap them? Any comments suggestions ect?? :) Thanks!!

Comments

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    Use real butter instead of the margarine and you have a winner on your hands.
  • PicklePickle Posts: 74
    I typically melt some butter in some applejuice, and put a couple of tblspoons in the foil pack. Not sure if it adds much, but bound to make them more tender.
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Forget the butter. Use 1/4 cup of Jack Daniels, honey and brown sugar.
  • SmokinJSmokinJ Posts: 220
    Last few spares I cooked ,I just went between 225-235 and let them cook for 6 - 7 hours without peaking. They have been the best ribs I have done. I had them rubbed with Dizzy dust and the other with Texas BBQ rub. If you never tried Texas BBQ it is a must try.