Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Boston Butt on new Egg

Armand4545Armand4545 Posts: 7
edited 2:58PM in EggHead Forum
Hello All. This is my first post. Got a large egg for my birthday at the beginning of August and I am in love. Put my first butt on last night at 9:15 and pulled it off at 10 this morning. It is a 6.5 lb. roast that I am cooking for an office party this afternoon. My rub consisted of sugar, brown sugar, cumin, parsley, oregano, cayenne, kosher salt, paprika, black pepper, and a little chili powder. I rubbed the butt down with mustard then applied the mixed rub. I cooked it at 200 all night and sprayed it down with apple juice about every three hours. I can't believe how well the egg retains heat. It never got over 250 the entire time.

This is the best pulled pork I have ever had. It is so juicy. The outside crust looks a little more blackened than some of the butts I have seen in the forum but it tastes so good, not burnt at all. Also below see the table that my Dad and I built for the egg.

New Table
DSC04776.jpg
Finished Table
DSC04780.jpg
One Hour
DSC04794.jpg
DSC04795.jpg

Twelve Hours
DSC04803.jpg
DSC04806.jpg
·

Comments

• NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Bark looks great to me, nice cook!

You'll enjoy cooking on the table.

Welcome to the cult!

PS: don't drink the KoolAide. I believe that's what brings the second egg aorund in something less than 9 months. I could be wrong. :laugh:
    ·
  • pattikakepattikake Posts: 1,175
    Nice table and nice butt, great job, you will keep falling in love with the egg more and more as you use it. :whistle:

Patti
    Wichita, KS
    ·
  • slo-rydslo-ryd Posts: 27
    Nice work!

Great looking table and nice results on the cook!
    LBGE w/modified Whiz table, Webers and such.
    ·
  • JBJB Posts: 510
    Looks just right to me. Very nice.
    ·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Hmmmmmmmmm,
    Could that be why I have 4?????????? :unsure:

Cheers,
    Bordello
    ·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,651
    Nice table and beautiful butt! So you cooked it direct and without raising the grid as shown in photos? How was the bottom of your butt, not charred? May be I should try that because my butt cook using 'traditional' indirect method with plate setter usually takes forever.
    canuckland
    ·