Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Boston Butt on new Egg

Options
Armand4545
Armand4545 Posts: 7
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello All. This is my first post. Got a large egg for my birthday at the beginning of August and I am in love. Put my first butt on last night at 9:15 and pulled it off at 10 this morning. It is a 6.5 lb. roast that I am cooking for an office party this afternoon. My rub consisted of sugar, brown sugar, cumin, parsley, oregano, cayenne, kosher salt, paprika, black pepper, and a little chili powder. I rubbed the butt down with mustard then applied the mixed rub. I cooked it at 200 all night and sprayed it down with apple juice about every three hours. I can't believe how well the egg retains heat. It never got over 250 the entire time.

This is the best pulled pork I have ever had. It is so juicy. The outside crust looks a little more blackened than some of the butts I have seen in the forum but it tastes so good, not burnt at all. Also below see the table that my Dad and I built for the egg.

New Table
DSC04776.jpg
Finished Table
DSC04780.jpg
One Hour
DSC04794.jpg
DSC04795.jpg

Twelve Hours
DSC04803.jpg
DSC04806.jpg

Comments