Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is cooking on your EGG tonight ?

EGGARY
EGGARY Posts: 1,222
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just curious what everyone might be cooking on their EGG(s). This way we all can get ideas.

I am grill thin short ribs. I will be my eye on them this time. On the gasser, I cremated them the last time.

Gary

Comments

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    nada, it's raining
  • You won't melt. :laugh: Wouldn't you know it the weather is beautiful tonight, a little cloudy but dry. I finally got to cut the grass. :laugh:
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    it is not as bad here as it was supposed to be, but it is still wet

p.s. sugar AND manure both melt in the rain!
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Well, LAST night, I had sweet Italian sausages topped with with sauteed peppers/red onions. All on a hard roll. It was so good, tonight's meal will be more sausages, this time with homemade pasta sauce over linguine. Sauce is cookin' now. Sausages will go on shortly. When mostly done, they will be cut into bite sized pieces and simmered in the sauce for a bit, while the linguine cooks.

Unfortunately, the sausages were/will be done on a Weber kettle since I'm still waiting for my LBGE. It's due to arrive at the store tomorrow. Hopefully, I can pick it up then. If not, it will be Monday or Tuesday. In any case, soon!!

For those of you who don't yet have a Weber and are stuck with an Egg, I feel sure you could get by. :laugh:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• EgginRN
    EgginRN Posts: 102
    I'm sitting at work tonight and thinking about my fourth(next) cook, and you guys post this. Keep driving the nail deeper, in full blown DT's now. :evil:
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    see my post above on Chili Mac.
  • :laugh: I guess I am safe then after cooking in ankle deep water yesterday. :laugh:
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    mmmm two fat pork chops with carnivore BBQ sauce and scalloped potatoes! good dinner :) especially since OCBEgger had it all ready when I got home from work :whistle::kiss: :P
  • Sundazes
    Sundazes Posts: 307
    Tonight was buffalo wings and a ham steak. No pics, sorry.
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Leftover s'ghetti in microwave. :(
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Burgers in the rain for me! I'm die hard or crazy one :blink: We had company over for what my wife promised would be there best burger ever. Ha! What pressure. They all said I delivered! B)
  • TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Wifes been under the weather for some time so we had a simple dinner. Hamburger patties with shredded cheese and tomatoe cut up on top.

Friday night will be grilled tilapia with either corn on the cob or sweet potatoes.

Y'all have a great weekend.
  • Tennisbum
    Tennisbum Posts: 228
    Well tonight I did some green enchiladas with chicken and sour cream. Easy to do just open a can of chicken, a can of chopped green chilies, chop up some onion, get some 4 cheese mix and corn tortillas.
    put the mixture in the tortillas and roll them up
    add one can of green enchilada sauce to a disposable pan place the rolled up corn tortillas in the pan then pour another can over top and top with plenty of cheese
    on the egg at 375 for about 40 minutes
    gp
  • cahuck
    cahuck Posts: 31
    Brisket flat went on at 8am, off at 6pm. Does all day cook count?

Only hit 172* but tender and flavorful despit being drier than I'd hoped. Didn't spritz or mop. Guess I'll try that next time.
  • I've got 2 pork butts on, will be ready for Friday night dinner. Must. Get. Stoker or DigiQ....
    LBGE, platesetter, Stoker wifi, StokerX Mac software, Pit Pal for iOS, @HerringBigEgg on Twitter, joined forum in 2008
    Austin, TX
  • Eggerman1
    Eggerman1 Posts: 155
    Some previously frozen filet medallions that we didn't cook when we bought too many steaks about a month ago, may just throw them in tortillas and call it a rich man's fajita.
  • jeffinsgf
    jeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
    Paula Deen's Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf tonight. Bobby Flay's Tasso & Pork Roast Jambalaya tomorrow. Roasting some pimiento peppers from my garden this afternoon to make pimento cheese.
  • jeffinsgf
    Dude, I can't believe you changed your sig just for me! :woohoo:

Keep it up. The rubber match of the Arrowhead series is just a little over 3 months away. See you there!
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Babyback ribs with J.H. Pecan rub, smoked over sassafras wood. Also, portabellos drizzled in olive oil sprinkled with D.D. Shakin the Tree then wrapped in Nueskes applewood bacon. The mushrooms will be smoked over maple wood. It's SO nice having more than one egg!
  • Tonight's cook may have been the most boring I've ever done on the Egg, and I didn't even take a picture! A character in a novel I read recently ordered a tuna melt. As often happens when I come across references to food I tried to picture it on the Egg. So with thunderstorms approaching I set up the Small for an indirect cook with a pizza stone on the raised grid, stabilized it at 375º, made a batch of tuna salad, spread it on some whole wheat pitas, topped it with American cheese slices and put them in the egg to an accompaniment of thunder and lightning. At about eight minutes the cheese was starting to brown so I took them off and made it back into the house just as the rain began. There was still a chunk of hickory in the leftover lump I used and it added a nice accent. I was actually a little surprised at how good they were.
  • timc
    timc Posts: 28
    Chicken wings and grilled zucchini! TGIF.
  • jeffinsgf
    Oops. Copied too many recipes at once. The tasso and roast pork jambalaya is Emeril Lagasse, not Bobby Flay.

Paula's Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf was winner, winner chicken dinner.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/bacon-cheeseburger-meatloaf-recipe/index.html
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    I am currently into the 7th hour of a my largest cook since I purchased the egg. I am cooking 4 9lb butts to take to work tomorrow. If my timing is right I should be able to wrap them and carry them in at 5:30 tomorrow morning. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

DSC05402.jpg

I love cooking on the egg and can not wait much longer to get the medium out of the box and cooking. :(
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!