Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

54 Hookers in the Maine woods!

Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Sorry Bordello, but some are on walkers and a cane :) but what a fabulous week we had!!
If any of you come to Maine and go to Bar Harbor take the time to go across the bay to Winter Harbor. and Schoodic point. hardly any people and the views and the water is hard to describe. they treated us right this week. it is an old Navy base that has been decommissioned and turned into a convention center. lodging is on the old apartments all fully furnished. we lacked nothing but more time to enjoy it. the food was top rate. not fancy but good home cooked. not Sysco or portion packed LOL hot popovers, blueberry scones and more was our break time snacks. dinners were poached salmon with dill sauce and roasted mushroom soup. lobster dinner was one night and they made homemade blueberry pies. our camp store was right by the kitchen so I could see and small all they were doing. even home made cookies and we got the rejects lol.
here are a few pics of the place and the rugs. we had three teachers there and they each had about 15-20 in their class. they did all different styles of work and it was amazing watching these rugs come to life.
049.jpg
the dining room
087.jpg
there were 6 stone sculptors there for 6 weeks and this is the one girl carver and the computer image of what she hope to be able to do with the stone she is working with
090.jpg
096.jpg
141.jpg
138.jpg
171.jpg
212.jpg
255.jpg
379.jpg
326.jpg
287.jpg
283.jpg

Comments

• Got an info link to the place you are talking about?
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    great post. lovely group of hookers.

i swear that i recognize many of them!

what's the deal on the porcupine?
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Terrific post! What a building. My mom goes to knitting camps. Same passion! She has yarn/projects all over her house. Kinda like me with lump, woods, spices ect! :)
    Thanks Julie.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Hmmm,
    Walkers and canes, guess they can't out run me. :laugh:
    Now there is one gal that caught my eye. ;) No, I'm not telling. :silly:

Looks like y'all had a really good time. The pictures were nice and of course the female stone carver, good for her.

Hope you're enjoying Egg food now that you're home.

My Best,
    Bordello
    Hooker Lover :lol:
  • rho1640
    rho1640 Posts: 118
    you MUST stop posting all those great rugs people are working on - you are giving me the itch to bring out my stuff and work on a rug - and I have way too much knitting to do ...

;)
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

That has to be the funniest Subject Line I have ever read. Now that needs and award.

What a mental image as I was clicking to read the post. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was at the picture looking at 4 ladies work and thinking how amazing. Then the last picture and saw the shading detail work. Wow!!!

I would think the people had a great time looking, talking, sharing with one another.

GG
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    I have wondered for months about the "Hooker" title. I heard the click in my little brain today. :laugh:
  • Mainegg
    We have a lot of customers that knit and hook :) they knit in the summer and hook in the winter. I have not patiants to knit LOL tried it a few times and it is just not me :evil:
  • Mainegg
    the porcupine was up the clump of birch's just out side the window of the dining room. he was so funny coming down and was slow so I had to take some pics.
    308.jpg
    314.jpg
    291.jpg
  • Mainegg
    the amazing thing about that cat face is it is being hooked in a #8 cut. I know that does not really mean anything to you LOL but that is 1/4 inch wide strip. very wide for a hooker to use for that type of rug. usually it would be a #2,#3 or #4 that is 2/32, 3/32 or 4/32 (1/8) the 2 and 3 are like two or three threads wide. very tiny and fine. but incredible details when you work with that fine a wool fabric strip. so the cat is really something.
    283.jpg
    243.jpg
    this pansy is in a #4
    346.jpg
    another fine cut piece
  • Eggscriber
    Eggscriber Posts: 276
    I especially like the porcupine pics. Anyone have any good recipes for porcupine? Pulled porcupine butt? Porcupine kabobs on their own quills? The porcupinator? Porcupine wrapped in bacon?
  • Grandpas Grub

The work is just amazing. It has got to be fun working with this as well as with all the wonderful people.

Kent
  • Mainegg
    It was great Kent, I was worried about all those ladies for 5 days all living together, but it went fine. we did have one Guy in the group LOL we called him Pimpdaddy... I figured if everyone was still smiling by fri then we were going to be OK. they were smiling and quite a few singed up for next year already. so I am happy LOL
  • outstanding bunch of pics!! . . .looks like you girls had a lot of fun and from the pics, wow, a talented buch you are too. .. great stuff. ..
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    i think we'd do alright if we had to, on the frontier. chasing skunks and procupines
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Grandpas Grub

There is always someone isn't there... :) I would imagine there would be some concern putting on a long event like that.

If you have sign ups for next year you did more than a little right. Congratulations on a successful event.

Kent
  • Desert Filly
    Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
    this looks like real fun. But...I don't think I could afford yet another hobby on top of the horses, and the gourds. Maybe when my boat comes in.

The Filly