Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egged corn on the cob - never ceases to amaze me!

Options
WWSis
WWSis Posts: 1,448
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know, I know it's a sure sign that I am still a newbie but corn on the egg is just so AMAZING! :woohoo: :silly:

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    WWSis,

Do you do it in the husk or right on the grill? We should have some corn by Nieggara fest if it doesn't snow.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Julia,
    Nice to hear that your pleased with the cook, keep it up and ya won't be a newbie! :laugh:
    I love corn on the Egg. :)
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• WWSis
    Options
    Thanks! I feel a little "corny" but I really am enjoying my eggs!
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Yep after three years + so are we. :woohoo:
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• WWSis
    Options
    Steven; I do it in the husk-ashamed to admit I cooked above a drip pan I failed to scrape out from my beef ribs on Sunday--I think that greasy mess made them taste better! Hehe! :woohoo: you know...snow in September is not out of the realm of possibility! LOL!
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    that was one of the veggies i cooked friday and saturday night when we were camping. i agree. beautiful stuff.

i snap off the butt end stem, and just put the corn on as-is.

rotate them around a bit until all are steamy and the husks are burnt enough, and then roll in buttah. anyone serious about corn rolls it, IMHO. hahahaha

as a child, maybe 8 years old, i set my personal best of utterly denuding an ear of corn (full size) in seven seconds. completely clean, no stray kernels, and four absolutely square sides. four rows, side to side. to continue the theme of my recent posts, this took place on carnaeveron street in fair haven vermont.

hahaha

corn is a big deal in my family.

my dad was reminding me that we had a friend (coincidentally, lived out on prospect street in fair haven) who had a field behind him that was planted by a farmer for his cow corn. because the farmer also planted sweet corn first, in another field, when he planted the first few rows of corn behind this guy's house, they were invariably butter-and-sugar corn from the remainder of the seed in the sower.

when we had dinner there, he'd get the pot boiling first, and when the water was roiling we'd run out and pull off a dozen ears or so, husk 'em (should take three moves only) and then toss them in to cook. not possible to have fresher corn.

i love any corn. needn't be three minutes fresh. i hear there are serious foodies who will not eat corn over two hours old. if that's the case, i've had some really great "bad" corn, gotten from a farm stand at the end of the day.

gotta love corn
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Never Summer
    Options
    Hey Stike,

I agree - I love sweet corn! I recently took a bunch of ears to a pot luck - we like spicy so thought I'd try something new by adding a bit of chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (previously made smooth in a food processor) to a stick of butter. Mixed it all in and made a roll of the butter using Saran Wrap and refrigerated it.

Grilled the corn at the pot luck (sorry, no egg there) and passed it around with the butter and some of the women refused to roll their corn in it - told me they couldn't do it - they "weren't raised that way". :S I didn't know what to say!

It's now a joke around our house when we pass the butter for sweet corn. I'm glad I was raised "that way"! :whistle:

Patty -
  • stike
    Options
    they weren't "raised that way". they have done a lot of s*!t they weren't raised to do, let me tell you....

rule number one when someone offers you something is you do NOT tell them it is not good enough for (or beneath) you....

apparently they were raised to not try things, and to be rude.

i think i might have told them that it wasn't for their "type" anyway.
  • Never Summer
    Options
    It was one of the few times I was speechless - truly didn't expect that response at a pot luck.

Thought of a lot of things to say later! "Go ahead and try it - you've probably done a lot of things you weren't raised to do" would have been a good come back!

Patty
  • stike
    Options
    she's put a lot worse into her mouth, don't let her kid you.
    hahahaha
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    You gotta be kiddin!Naw! I know you're not.I LOATHE people like that!!! :angry: