Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Blues Hog

iahawkfan16iahawkfan16 Posts: 48
edited 8:47PM in EggHead Forum
I was reading about bbq sauces on here yesterday and came across Blues Hog. Fortunately, I'm only about 20 minutes away from Hawgeyes BBQ. I drove up, grabbed a big bottle of the original bbq and a bottle of the runnier/more vinegary sauce. Had friends over for smoked turkey breast sandwiches. We all agreed that the turkey was phenominal, but the Blue's Hog sauces were the best we'd had. Especially mixing the two. Cant wait to try the original on some ribs this weekend!

Comments

• MaynardMaynard Posts: 55
    Glad to hear it - talked to Brett today and he is shipping my first taste of Blues Hog. (and some chunk wood)
  • JPFJPF Posts: 591
    Good stuff! Just had some on a rack of ribs yesterday. Really like the Tennessee red on chicken.
  • chronochrono Posts: 177
    Blues hog is the best. My father-in-law just dropped off some blues hog honey mustard and it's great. Makes me want to try making my own version.
  • I just about got some honey mustard. What do you use it on?
  • chronochrono Posts: 177
    I used it on some grilled chicken which tasted good. I'm sure you can use it on anything. I'll try it on pork loin next.
  • RRPRRP Posts: 20,801
    a little hint for ya... mix a small amount of both together and it's even better! The TN Red cuts some of the sweetness and yet brings the two together for a dynamite sauce! Try mixing 3 parts regular Blues to 1 part TN Red.
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    You're only 20 minutes away from Perry, MO and you're a Hawkeye fan??????? Shame!!

I love the stuff. Put some one chicken wings the other day and they were superb.
  • Haha, no, i'm 20 minutes away from Hawgeyes BBQ in Ankeny, IA and they stock/sell Blues Hog.

RRP --> I did the mix on my second sandwich and it was phenominal!
  • RRPRRP Posts: 20,801
    Glad you liked the mix - it sure works for me as the regular Blues is a tad too sweet for me.
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Whew...that was close. I see we're playing the Cyclones this year, but not the Hawkeyes. Good luck, hope we see you at the BCS and enjoy the Blues Hog!