Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Using the Woo & Mini, Brats, Stuffed Peppers

Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
edited 11:45AM in EggHead Forum
It is amazing how nice it is to have the grid higher in the mini. A huge thanks to Tom for making such great accessories for the eggs.

Decided to cook some brats & onions, then got to thinking some stuffed peppers would also taste pretty good.

The woo & mini did a fantastic job on the brats.

• rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Love those brats,but those stuffed peppers really have me hungry!!

• vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Looking good there GG....mmmm tasty!
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,376
    looking good, right at lunch time too. t ACGP, Inc.
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Gotta an extra fork? I'll be right over. :laugh:

Well maybe not, but be dam worth the trip, all looks yummy!
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Yup, a couple of extra forks. These beer brats were huge. I could only eat 1/2 of the sandwich. I am thinking pepper jack cheese next time.

• NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Ditto on Tom's kits. Like your cook too!
  • mijoeymijoey Posts: 58
    GG, Are those just bell peppers and what are they stuffed with other then cheese? They look delicious.
    Melbourne, Fl.
    I am pretty sure these were Publeno and have used large Aneheim. After a post yesterday I really want to try some Hatch Chili's.

For stuffing I have used a white & yellow cheese mixed with some creme cheese.

The chili's above were purchased from a local butcher. There were two layers of filling. The lower part was chicken mixed with some creme cheese with some light garlic. The top layer was white & yellow mixed with creme cheese.

The chili's are cooked at 375° for 45 minutes to an hour. I watch for the chili to make sure the skin has gone from the vibrant green to a dull green which results in a nice pepper flavor.

It would be nice to come up with some different lower level mixes which I think can be really tasty.

• "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Dang Kent,now that's a sammy!!!!! :woohoo: Looks great buddy :)
    It's all your fault. That is all I had been thinking about since your sausage post.

• Aunt CrazyAunt Crazy Posts: 378
    My goodness! That does look delicious!
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Tom makes the gear that leaves a "stock" egg in the smoke!!!