Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New to the Club!

Options
SlowTurtle
SlowTurtle Posts: 19
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After months of looking and lurking I have taken the plunge. Thanks to the advice here I have purchased a large and a small egg! The dealer here in Austin was great, clearly a big fan. They will be delivered tomorrow and I'll get my table built over the weekend. Thinking of using epay (SP?) and some soapstone that I saved from our kitchen remodel. Thank you again for all your great info that helped me make my decision this and the Naked Wiz's site have been my obsession over the last few weeks.

Comments

• Seattle Todd
    Options
    Let me be the first to welcome you!

Sheesh. My 'oldest' is now 10-11 years old and I didn't get the middle child until a coupla years ago.

Lucky you! You get to start out with two from the beginning. :)

FYI good choice on the Large and small combo.

Todd
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Welcome to the forum, good luck with your cooking station and future cooks.
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    Welcome and I can't wait to see your cook posts.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Wow, two on the first pop!! Most eggcellent!! How many in the house are you cooking for! Just curious. Post soem pics of your new babes and the progreass of you table construction.
    Oh, welcome!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • SlowTurtle
    Options
    Only three in the family but lots of Friends. I've been cooking for 4 years or so on a Pitts and Spits off set smoker. We are remodeling our house and as part of the deal I was going to buy a gas grill. Never was a gas guy like the process too much. I was looking at the XL but just thought that would be overkill 95% of the time. After reading a bunch of posts I decided on the small and a large combo. I like the idea of being able to cook at two temps at once.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Dual cooking rocks! I am by myself and cook for friends also. But either way it is great to be able to do main cook on one and some other stuff on the other.
    Enjoy!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Welcome to the obsession . . . it'll get worse. :laugh:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • WADoug
    WADoug Posts: 191
    Options
    Smart man/woman. You are off to a great and precocious start. Maybe you can talk you dealer into a big discount on Mini. I can't imagine a better combination. Look forward, as others have said, to seeing your pictures.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Well welcome to the club and don't be afraid to ask questions, that's what we are here for. -RP
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    Welcome to the mania!!have fun with the egg- have fun with your cooks -and have fun with your family-the neighbors will come!!

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,675
    Options
    Welcome, you will find some very nice BGE people in and around Austin.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• fieroguy
    fieroguy Posts: 777
    Options
    New lifestyle on the way ;)
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Yep, you being one of the nicest ;)
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Welcome from your new Egghead family. We look forward to meeting you at the Texas Eggfest.
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Ex-Gasman
    Ex-Gasman Posts: 287
    Options
    Welcome to the ADDICTION....