Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Too funny

Options
cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in Off Topic
THE SPOILED UNDER-30 CROWD!!!

If you are 30 or older you will think this is hilarious!!!!

When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their tedious diatribes about how hard things were. When they were growing up; what with walking Twenty-five miles to school every morning....

Uphill... Barefoot...

BOTH ways

Yadda, yadda, yadda

And I remember promising myself that when I grew up, there was no way in hell I was going to lay a bunch of crap like that on my kids about how hard I had it and how easy they've got it!

But now that... I'm over the ripe old age of thirty, I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today.

You've got it so easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a damn Utopia!

And I hate to say it, but you kids today, you don't know how good you've got it!

I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have The Internet. If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the damn library and look it up ourselves, in the card catalogue!!

There was no email!! We had to actually write somebody a letter - with a pen!

Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox and it would take, like, a week to get there! Stamps were 10 cents!

Child Protective Services didn't care if our parents beat us. As a matter of fact, the parents of all my friends also had permission to kick our ass! Nowhere was safe!

There were no MP3' s or Napsters! If you wanted to steal music, you had to hitchhike to the damn record store and shoplift it yourself!

Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and the DJ would usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up! There were no CD players! We had tape decks in our car We'd play our favorite tape and "eject" it when finished and the tape would come undone. Cause - that's how we rolled, dig?

We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting! If you were on the phone and somebody else called they got a busy signal, that's it!

And we didn't have fancy Caller ID either!
When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school, your mom, your boss, your bookie, your drug dealer, a collections agent, you just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!

We didn't have any fancy Sony Playstation video games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! With games like 'Space Invaders' and 'Asteroids'. Your guy was a little square! You actually had to use your imagination!! And there were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen... Forever!
And you could never win.. The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!

You had to use a little book called a TV Guide to find out what was on! You were screwed when it came to channel surfing! You had to get off your ass and walk over to the TV to change the channel! NO REMOTES!!!

There was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday Morning. Do you hear what I'm saying!?! We had to wait ALL WEEK for cartoons, you spoiled little rat-bastards!

And we didn't have microwaves, if we wanted to heat something up we had to use the stove! Imagine that!

That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids today have got it too easy. You're spoiled. You guys wouldn't have lasted five minutes back in 1980 or before!

Regards,
The Over 30 Crowd
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Options
    I remember when my youngest brother brought up calling DFS to my Dad. My Dad said, "Go ahead and while your at it call yourself an ambulance because if I'm going to jail I'm going make worth my while". My brother decided he'd go ahead and take out the trash.
  • SWOkla-Jerry
    Options
    You are exactly right Molly. It is called progress.
  • cookn biker
    Options
    That's funny!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    Options
    funny Rod! Duh, right?
    Gotta love those kids!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

LOL... I remember back in the early '90s my youngest daughter in Jr. High, was rude and swearing at my wife.

I slapped her on the cheek and told her never to do that again. She said she would call the police for child abuse. I grabbed the phone and gave it to her and told her to call 911.

I further told her, if she ever talked to her mom like that again they would be taking us both to the hospital trying to figure out how they would get my boot out of her rear end.

I told her if she didn't like it here to move out.

Problem solved!!!

I never went to jail and she never was rude to my wife again (that I ever heard).

A bit funny now but I was madder than a wet hornet at the time.

GG
  • Deb
    Deb Posts: 11
    Options
    :laugh:
    :angry:
    :(

Oh so true!!!
  • Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    Options
    GG
    I'm not looking forward to my daughters teen years. At 6 yo she already doesn't care when she is punished. She is going to be a hand full.
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Options
    My Dad always said,"If you call them they're going to come and take you out of the home along with my aggravation. Then they'll put you in a strangers house."
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    That is hilarious Molly thanks foe sharing.I have two teenagers that panic if the lose service on their Blackberries.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE