Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket in Europe

Options
Dr_Smoke
Dr_Smoke Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Greetings All:

I live in the Netherlands and for the life of me can't get a butcher to understand the cut of brisket!

Can anyone help to trying to explain this to a butcher?

I have brought photos and explanations... to no avail

Thanks!

Steve

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Perhaps this will help...

http://www.beefretail.org/uDocs/bmezretailcutchart.pdf

Spring "A Cut Below" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Don Marco
    Don Marco Posts: 287
    Options
    Hey there Steve, hello from your german neighbour B)

Over here Brisket is known as stew meat but i rarely find a whole one without ordering it. Even in wholesale and restaurant supply shops they are available, but are delivered in cryovac and sliced in the middle and the dolded to get a better packing size :S

If your butcher cant help you when you bring a pic and tell him you want a the flat piece of the beef´s breast part youre propably going to the wrong butcher who doesnt cut up the cows by himself but rather gets the bigger pieces delivered.

Check some other stores or try to make friends with a good butcher, maybe even bring some BBQ after he got a special order for you. I´m sure that will pay out for you.

Cheers,

DM
    www.don-marcos-bbq.de
  • emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    Options
    Might tell him when he cuts the front leg off the forequarter it is the piece with the leg. In front of the Arm Roast. The bones under the meat are the plate bones.
    E