Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Tandoori chicken

Ottawa_eggerOttawa_egger Posts: 236
edited 3:03PM in EggHead Forum
The wife and kids are away for a couple of days so I decided to cook something that I wanted, so I picked up a scrawny chicken and sack of tandoori seasoning at the local discount grocer. Prep'd the chicken according to the instructions and marinated it overnight. I then threw it on a raised grid sitting on a raised grid so that it was high up in the dome and cooked it at 200-ish direct for a good two hours. The chicken literally fell apart after the cook and was delicious!

• Ottawa_eggerOttawa_egger Posts: 236
    Sorry...wrong tag.

• mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    hey Cory seems like it has been a while since we saw you post on here! great looking cook and welcome back.
  • Ottawa_eggerOttawa_egger Posts: 236
    Yeah, I've been busy at work and buying a biz for my wife. With the fam visiting the MiL in Sorel I can relax in front of the Tour de France, pour over a 67 page purchase and sale contract, and take the odd forum break!

Hey - where's my Harley? Maybe I was out when you called...
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    That Tandoori chicken looks great. I just love Indian food.
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Was that a red-headed bird or is Tandoori normally that red? Never tried it if ya couldn't tell! :whistle:
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,573

I actually won it. You can have it if you want cause my feet don't reach the ground :laugh:

Caledon, ON

• CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,928
    yup they put red dye in the commercial tandoori mix, i still experimenting mixing my own tandoori, without the red colour, but it just doesn't taste as good :angry:
  • Boilermaker BenBoilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
    Here's a website with a recipe and video for tandoori chicken. I haven't tried any of this guys recipes (yet) but his videos crack me up.

• CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,928
    freaky! i just watched this video few days ago :woohoo: