Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Fajita Marinade

Options
Brian
Brian Posts: 73
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any suggestions?[p]Brian

Comments

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    Brian,
    I have been happy with McCormicks. It's found in the store with all the packaged mixes (taco, gravy, spaghetti, etc.).[p]~nikki

• BluesnBBQ
    Options
    I use fresh lime juice, tequila, olive or vegetable oil, garlic, sea salt, black pepper, cumin, cayenne pepper and whatever other seasonings I feel like adding. I don't measure anything - I just sort of throw it together and stir until it looks and tastes right.

• eggaholic
    Options
    Brian,
    We have used this several times and really enjoyed it.[p]For the marinade:
    4 garlic cloves, minced and mashed to a paste with 1 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup fresh lemon juice or lime juice(i like the lime best)
    1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
    2 tablespoons olive oil[p]Hope it helps,
    Brian

• Brian,
    Don't buy into the theory of juice or yogurt,buttermilk,salad dressings, as the final product will be mushy. Pineapple is great flavor but is useless when using juice as the pasteurization process kills off any beneficial enzymes that would help tenderize the meat.I use nothing but soy sauce and some Montreal steak seasonings. This is closer to a brine and the meat comes out juicy and seasoned perfectly. You can add a spritz of lemon or pineapple when you pull off of grill and they are the best.

• Wonderful Wino
    Options
    I've been using Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix for my fajitas for years and have received nothing but compliments.[p]I've never really measured, but here goes:[p]3 parts/ounces Margarita Mix
    1 part/ounce white/clear vinegar
    2 tspn chili powder
    1 tspn cumin
    salt to taste[p]let marinate in plastic bag for 2-24 hours[p]this works great on chicken breasts and flank or skirt steaks

• Julie
    Julie Posts: 133
    Options
    Found this recipe on Sara's Secrets and it is really good![p]Marinate 3 lbs. skirt steak in:
    1/3 cup lime juice and 3 Tbsp. olive oil for 10 minutes -
    turning once. Do not leave it any longer than 10 minutes.[p]Make a rub of:
    1 Tbsp. ancho chili powder
    1 Tbsp. ground cumin
    1 Tbsp. ground coriander[p]Sprinkle skirt steaks with salt and pepper and rub spices on it and grill.